Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Recommendations for car hauling - NY to Mass.
Posted by: Bruins_Fan ()
Date: October 11, 2018 06:41AM

I've closed the deal on my first Corvair.smiling bouncing smiley It's located in western NY and I'm near Boston. I've been looking into auto transport and a lot of the reviews are just plain bad! Montway (a broker) had a decent price but the reviews and fine print were absolute garbage.

Does anyone have any recommendations for haulers? I'd prefer enclosed. I could go out myself and haul it back as a last resort, just hard on the wife to make another trip out with a one year old at home!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Recommendations for car hauling - NY to Mass.
Posted by: UGLYTRUK ()
Date: October 11, 2018 06:51AM

I just had two vehicles shipped in the last couple of months, a derelict pickup truck from Southern New York to Northern New York, and the driver was of Eastern European descent and was the most reliable courteous and punctual truck driver I've ever encountered, and just yesterday I had a 1966 Toronado delivered from Seattle Washington to North East New York, and again p7actual Eastern European driver, I used TCI Auto Transport, and everything went absolutely perfectly. Last year at this time I had a 1978 Eldorado transported also from Seattle, and the driver inadvertently left the passenger window open while the vehicle was on the very back bottom ramp, and the interior filled up with salt, gravel, sand and dust, I didn't turn it in because of driver didn't know what he had done, but he was also a few hours late and there were a few glitches along the way. In my experience Montway is expensive, try TCI logistics or Auto Transport. Note,

And, I would like to deliver my 3/4 ton Suburban to a body shop near Rochester for paint work, I'm going to call the guy today and see if he has any interest in doing the job, and then I could transport something back to Boston area, because I also have a derelict Chevy diesel pickup truck to pick up between Boston and Cape Cod for the ride back.

Date: October 11, 2018 01:42PM

All set! Found a local guy in Rochester.

Posted by: rick4130 ()
Date: October 11, 2018 03:24PM

Congrats, there’s a huge Corvair scene in MA... where do you live?

Rick MacDonald
'63 700 Sedan

rick4130@yahoo.com

Date: October 11, 2018 04:59PM

rick4130 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Congrats, there’s a huge Corvair scene in MA...
> where do you live?

Thanks! I'm excited to get the car. I'm on the North Shore.

1966 Monza Convertible 110 PG
North Shore, MA

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.