Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: How to Upgrade an LM Instrument Cluster! grinning smiley
Posted by: oldqmguy ()
Date: October 11, 2018 10:57AM

Here is what the engine compartment side looks like now!

Not too bad for version 1.

The first picture shows the 'block' that has the Oil Pressure Sensor and Snap Switch. Notice the -AN hose that connects it to the old Snap Switch location.

The second picture shows the Battery wiring and the Harnesses plugged in.

The third shows the new 65 Amp Internally Regulated Alternator. It was supposed to show the -AN hose but that seems to be hidden under the fuel line!

Dale cool smiley

Dale E. Smiley CPBE
Life Member The Society of Broadcast Engineers
RETIRED Broadcast Engineer
CERTIFIED CORVAIR NUT
CORSA/Circle City Corvairs/Corvair Performance Group
Avon, Indiana
WB9SFF
1967 4-Door Monza PG!

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to Upgrade an LM Instrument Cluster! grinning smiley
Posted by: oldqmguy ()
Date: October 15, 2018 12:40PM

In the pictures in my last post the first shows the 'block' that has the Oil sensors. At the bottom you can see the "DB9" connector that I used for the Oil Temp sensor leads.

The second picture shows the wiring in the engine compartment. The Battery Positive Cable goes to a 'post' that is a feed-thru type. The High Current cable for the started connects to the bottom of this post, along with the 10 gauge Red wire going to the front on the car. The License Plate Light wire, the 'lights are on data' wire and the Tail Light wire from the Lighting Connector are combined at the Terminal Block. Going up under the hinge is the harness to the Data Connector. The "Start Wire" from the Ignition Switch connects directly to the Starter Solenoid. The Bypass terminal has wire from it to the Ignition Connector. I am using a stand-alone 1.8 ohm resistor in the Coil circuit. The Ignition wire (+12 volts) goes to one end of the resistor. The Bypass wire and the wire to the coil go to the other end of the resistor!

The Positive Wire from the Alternator attaches to the Battery Post.

I was getting close to the car show so I use a couple of 'on hand' devices (Terminal Block and DB9 connectors) to get to the show. I will change those out soon.

Dale cool smiley

Dale E. Smiley CPBE
Life Member The Society of Broadcast Engineers
RETIRED Broadcast Engineer
CERTIFIED CORVAIR NUT
CORSA/Circle City Corvairs/Corvair Performance Group
Avon, Indiana
WB9SFF
1967 4-Door Monza PG!

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.