Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
REPORTS!!!!! smiling bouncing smiley Hoosier Corvair Classic Car Show and swap meet- September 14th-15th
Posted by: CarltonSmith ()
Date: August 30, 2018 06:39AM

Please come join us for The 3rd Annual- Circle City "Hoosier Corvair Classic" Show 2018.Sponsored by Ray Skillman Group and presented by Circle City Corvair Club.

Friday September 14, 2018- Hospitality Room at LaQuinta Inn- 5:00PM till ???Food/Door Prizes/50-50/Tech Talk/Ladies Bingo/Movie

Host Hotel—La Quinta Inn 5120 Victory Drive, (317) 783-7751 for reservations
Room Rate is $84.00 per night– Ask for Corvair Group rate.(Special $84.00 room rate cut off is September 10th, 2018)

Saturday September 15th-People’s Choice Corvair Show 10:00AM - 3:00PM. Door Prizes/ Tech Talk / Lunch / 50-50, 11 Classes / Best of Show / Hard Luck / Long Distance.Special Events for the Ladies!!!

Location: Ray Skillman Classic Car Dealership, 1280 US 31 S, Greenwood, Indiana 46143.

$30.00 per Vehicle & Driver Pre-registration before 9/8/18. Registration Day of Show: $35.00 per Vehicle & Driver.$20.00 for each additional person.(12 years and under no charge)

Dinner& Awards (at hotel) 6:00PM-Dinner / Door Prizes / 50-50 / Awards Presentation

(All meals included with registrations)

Please see attached flier and registration documents for more information.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2018 05:54PM by MattNall.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hoosier Corvair Classic Car Show and swap meet- September 14th-15th
Posted by: jasvair ()
Date: August 31, 2018 02:11AM

I will be attending this event again this year and will be vending. If you need anything special please let me know.

John Sweet
John's Corvair Parts

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: September 02, 2018 01:41PM

Looks like Donna and I will be making a trek to Indiana and Michigan for another vacation. We will attend this show to check it out. Not vending anything here. Will be looking for a couple things though.

Al Lane
Ellabell GA

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ HP PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
2015 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT
2018 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Z71 Centennial Edition
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Posted by: cooterr ()
Date: September 09, 2018 06:31AM

The weather is looking to be perfect for an end of season show so come join us and others from around the midwest for fun and food!

Tom Miller
Performance Corvair Group
Circle City Corvairs
Corsa

Re: THIS WEEKEND!!! smiling bouncing smiley Hoosier Corvair Classic Car Show and swap meet- September 14th-15th
Posted by: itskyle ()
Date: September 11, 2018 07:44PM

I'm probably not showing up this year, although it sounds like a fun time. He boys corvair is idling way too fast but I do have a late model front bumper if anybody needs one, give me a shout out.

Kyle
Plainfield, Indiana
Caretaker of boy's corvair while he is away at school.

Re: THIS WEEKEND!!! smiling bouncing smiley Hoosier Corvair Classic Car Show and swap meet- September 14th-15th
Date: September 12, 2018 07:42PM

Donna and I arrived late this afternoon. Weather is nice. Looks like Florence rain won't get here until Monday.

Al Lane
Ellabell GA

Date: September 14, 2018 05:45PM

A nice evening with good people. About 20 Vairs in the parking lot.

Al Lane
Ellabell GA

Re: REPORTS!!!!! smiling bouncing smiley Hoosier Corvair Classic Car Show and swap meet- September 14th-15th
Date: September 16, 2018 03:07AM

29 Vairs were in the judging area and a couple others were seen outside. Judging was held at the Ray Skillman Classic Car Museum. That was interesting to walk through.

A good time was had meeting new Vair people. Met a few people from the Corvair Center.

Al Lane
Ellabell GA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 06:22AM by MattNall.

Re: REPORTS!!!!! smiling bouncing smiley Hoosier Corvair Classic Car Show and swap meet- September 14th-15th
Posted by: oldqmguy ()
Date: September 16, 2018 08:42AM

As a member of the BOD of Circle City Corvairs, "I" think we did on heck of a job! smileys with beer

The weather was perfect and we had a good turnout of EM's, LM,s, FC's and one "Special" Corvair. Good food, good times and we got to meet a wonderful group of fellow "Corvair Nuts!"

I am proud to say the "The Red Baron" (Dale's EXPERIMENT) was finished 'just in time' and I was able to drive it to the show, testing the Custom Dash Display, and being able to 'show it off' to anyone interested! Last year at the show I was able to show Version 0, with new wheels and tires and LED Light Conversion in the rear end.

This year it was 'Version 1,' with more LED conversions, new wiring harnesses, new connectors and the Custom Dakota Digital '3-Hole Dash' Display (more on that later).

At the "4th Annual Hoosier Corvair Classic I hope to show 'Version 2' with more upgrades and improvements.

You need to plan NOW for coming to the "4th Annual Hoosier Corvair Classic" in September of 2019 so you don't miss out on a really good time with fellow Corvair enthusiasts (and "maybe" a few surprises!)! hot smiley

Thanks to everyone who came to the show and all my fellow club members for their help!!!

I hope to see you there next year!!!! grinning smiley

Dale cool smiley

Dale E. Smiley CPBE
Life Member The Society of Broadcast Engineers
RETIRED Broadcast Engineer
CERTIFIED CORVAIR NUT
CORSA/Circle City Corvairs/Corvair Performance Group
Avon, Indiana
WB9SFF
1967 4-Door Monza PG!

Date: September 16, 2018 06:57PM

A shot from the show

Tom Miller
Circle City Corvairs
Corsa

Attachments:

Date: September 16, 2018 06:59PM

Two more

Tom Miller
Circle City Corvairs
Corsa

Attachments:

Posted by: Ron B. ()
Date: September 17, 2018 05:44AM

All in all it was a great weekend. Nothing better than Corvairs, friends, perfect weather, and food. Turnout was a bit smaller than expected but that just allowed more time to visit. It was great to see old friends and make new ones. Thanks for visiting with us Al and Donna Lane. Please come again. The Skillman facility is amazing. Hopefully we see you all next year.

Posted by: jasvair ()
Date: September 17, 2018 06:41AM

One again this was a great show. Thanks to all the Circle City group for all the help and I will be there next year.
John Sweet

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.