Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Corvair powertrain cart
Posted by: mrmel ()
Date: July 30, 2018 04:47PM

Some time ago there was a wheeled cart that balanced and held a complete Corvair powertrain. It was called a Point of balance Corvair engine drive train removal unit. A "friend" of mine borrowed mine and has somehow lost it.
I want to replace it. Anybody got one?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Corvair powertrain cart
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 30, 2018 04:53PM

Dave Motohead will come to the rescue. Don’t know if he has anymore but he made them.

Dan
Chandler, AZ
1966 Corsa Turbo Convertible
[corvaircenter.com]

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: July 30, 2018 05:06PM

We've had a few of the GM TOOL units sold here..

DaveMOTOHead sells a cradle that you bolt to a Transmission jack and you have close to the same thing..

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: mrmel ()
Date: August 07, 2018 04:27PM

Doesn't someone have one of these. Please help.

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: August 07, 2018 04:45PM

Don't panic..... You can easily use a ATV lift... not as nice as the Cart... but very stable..if you don't have one borrow one..

Just keep your eyes peeled here / Ebay / CraigsList/ CORSA ads..

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: August 08, 2018 06:52AM

I wish my yellow Harbor Freight ATV jack was a little longer. Engine with differential and transmission is close to tipping off, especially 66 and up.
It's A LOT better than balancing on round pedestal floor jack like I did for years and years, I must have been crazy.

The "Point of balance Corvair engine drive train removal unit" sounds interesting and I'd like to see more about it.

I use a copy of the steel thingy that follows the oil pan bolts, has tabs that nestle up along the bellhousing and is attached only with a 3/8 bolt under the skid plate. I think Dave Motohead sells an improved version.

I have a wood Finch type cart that someone made, I probably have a powertrain stored on it but never used it much.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.