Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
My 63 convertible project
Posted by: guthrie1068 ()
Date: July 14, 2018 08:10PM

I've been working on my 63 convertible for a few months, and I finally got the rear suspension put together and converted to 5 lug. Here are a couple of pictures of the project. I'm a big fan of patina, so I'll be leaving the body alone. I plan on putting a set of TSW Watkins wheels on it (18s front and 20s rear) I'll be starting the front end conversion to QA1s and disc brakes in a couple of weeks, and I plan on posting lots of pictures of that when I'm done. There are pics of the control arm modification, and some mock up pics.

Chad Guthrie
Onondaga, MI
'63 convertible

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My 63 convertible project
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: July 14, 2018 09:03PM

This will be a fun project to follow!! Go for it!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: August 07, 2018 05:49PM

I got started on the front suspension over the weekend. I have the shock mount done, and it wasn't too much work at all. I had to remove part of the lower spring retaining ring, open the area where the shock bolts will go in from the top, and weld the shock mount to the arm (it just had 4 or 5 spot welds on the bottom) since it will now carry all of the front end weight. I have new upper and lower ball joints on the way and new lower control arm bushings coming too. I really want to get it done and drive it before summer is over, so I'll be rushing to put it together with plans to take it back apart this winter to clean and paint everything that I don't get to now. I have Tom Knoblauch's dropped hub mount on the shelf ready go go on the car, along with C5 hubs and drilled/slotted rotors and s10 calipers.

Chad Guthrie
Onondaga, MI
'63 convertible

Attachments:

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: August 07, 2018 06:02PM

progress!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: September 09, 2018 04:20PM

Slowly but surely I'm getting there. I hope to have the upper control arm bushings this week, then I can install the hub mount and disc brakes.

Chad Guthrie
Onondaga, MI
'63 convertible

Attachments:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.