Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
F / S : The Tin Man will be at the upcoming Detroit Homecoming, at clearance-sale prices.
Posted by: WhenIm64 ()
Date: July 13, 2018 10:53AM

I am bringing a truckload of junk valuable Corvair parts to Pittsburgh. I’ll have a table in the vendor area and much more than I can fit on that table, so a fair amount will stay in the truck and I’ll have information at the table.

Among the items will be refinished shrouds. These were stripped to bare metal and then commercially refinished with paint, not powder coating, by an industrial finisher that my business used. Nearly identical to the original stuff.

I have pieces for early, late, and FC, including sets (as shown) for 110 and 140.

Not expensive! These are excess to my needs at this point and they do have some minor shelfware from years in my garage.

See you in Pittsburgh!

WhyImWhenIm64

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2018 10:48AM by MattNall.

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Tin Man
Posted by: antkoto ()
Date: July 13, 2018 11:13AM

PM sent.

Date: August 10, 2018 08:39AM

Post-convention: My supply of refinished shrouds has been reduced substantially. All the 140 sets, like those shown in the photo above, have been sold. All the early model pieces, with the exception of two top shrouds, have been sold. I have two LM 95-110 sets remaining, plus one FC/wagon top shroud.

All will be at the upcoming Detroit Homecoming, at clearance-sale prices.

What's a clearance-sale price? Well, my highest asking price is $50 for a four-piece LM 95-110 set (like the photo except 2-carb). And note the phrase "asking price." I am open to offers 'cuz we moved to a condo and I can't keep these!

As noted in my original post, these were stripped to bare metal and then commercially refinished with paint, not powder coating, by an industrial finisher that my business used. The appearance and durability is nearly identical to the factory paint. This was done many years ago so there is some minor shelfwear from being shuffled about.

By the way, if you have never been to the Detroit Homecoming I highly recommend it. Even if you HAVE been to the Detroit Homecoming I highly recommend it. smiling smiley

--Bob

WhyImWhenIm64

Posted by: triumphcorvair ()
Date: August 10, 2018 10:52AM

Bob, those are exceptional pieces. I'm looking for the left (drivers)side tin for a 140 (65 Monza). I've got everything else. Have any left?

Darrell McCracken
Huntsville, Texas

65 140 Monza
71 Triumph Bonneville

Re: F / S : The Tin Man will be at the upcoming Detroit Homecoming, at clearance-sale prices.
Date: August 10, 2018 07:45PM

Darrell, not only are all the 140 sets gone, so are any individual 140 pieces, sorry. Only two-carb sets and individual pieces remain.

WhyImWhenIm64

Re: F / S : The Tin Man will be at the upcoming Detroit Homecoming, at clearance-sale prices.
Posted by: Wagon Master ()
Date: August 11, 2018 05:35AM

PM Sent.

'29 Ford Model A Tudor
'61 700 Lakewood 110 4 speed
'69 Monza Convert. 140 Auto.
'70 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4 speed

Been aircooled since 1973
Northwest Ohio

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.