Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
For Sale: 1965 Monza 4 Door, 140/PG (IOWA)
Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: July 08, 2018 09:08PM

ForSale:
1965 Monza sedan
140, Powerglide
Shows ~66k miles
Originally Two-Tone (Mist Blue / White Roof), now 2007 Jeep Atlantic Blue Metallic (code PBJ). Still has correct two-tone roof trim.
Black and Blue interior (Black Seats, door panels, carpet, cardboard)
Recovered Dash Pad
Front Seats recovered with Clarks Upholstery, new covers, foam, burlap, cotton, wires, etc. Frames were wire brushed, and painted.
Rear seat and door panels appear to be original.
New Clarks molded Black Carpeting
Cardboard package tray, and rear side pieces are new.
Headliner appears to be original, and is light blue - it has some spots /stains - I have not really tried to clean, since it is intact.
New visor pivots, and coat hooks.
New Clarks Reproduction (GM style) Black front floor mats
New soft brake hoses. Brakes recently redone (drums also turned, blasted, and painted)
Rebuilt rear strut rods, axles, horse collar blasted and painted, new horse collar to body bushings. New transmission mounts. All engine tins bead blasted and painted Semi-Gloss black. Fan glass beaded and painted. Seth's Wires, New Petronix. New Engine lid Insulation. New trunk and engine lid weather-stripping. Converted to dual master cylinder. New speaker, from Fred Bybee (Fred's Classic Radios and Clocks). Many other new parts I'm forgetting.
New Tires last summer, on 16x7(or 8?) Trans-Am GTA Wheels. Thread on 'knock-off" centers on custom adaptors. Much of the exterior trim is NOS, or new. One side of the exhaust is new, from Clarks, muffler and U-pipe. The other side is not much older. It has LED Bulbs in the Brake/Turn lights in the rear, and H4 Headlight conversions on the low beams. The High Beams were just replaced, with sealed beams. 69 Camaro front spoiler. Front springs cut 1 coil. New Idler arm. Comes with a Custom fit DUST STOP Car cover from California Car Covers. New Clarks reproduction antenna.

The paint on the car is very shiny, and looks very nice, but it has some imperfections - this car has been driven. This is the most solid Corvair I have ever owned. There is zero floor rust - and has never been. before carpeting, I painted the floor with POR-15, and topcoated with Rustoleum. In fact - the only evidence of rust on the car is the trunk bottom. It was rusted partly and appears to be covered with epoxy, or fiberglass resin, on top, and bottom. It is strong enough to stand in. I am including a new Clarks trunk bottom if the new owner so-chooses to replace. The bottoms of the quarters, and behind the front wheels are all solid, with no evidence of replacement. There is some evidence of bodywork in a few spots, removing dents, or dings, and I can highlight those to a potential buyer.

I competed for the Ed Cole at the 2017 convention with this car. 5th overall in Cole, 93.81 points in Concours, ~20mpg in the rally (with 4 passengers in the car), 2nd in my class for Autocross, and 4th in the Rally. The car runs, drives, and stops well.

All this being said - the car is not perfect. but shows very nicely. The underside is not detailed, except the replaced / rebuilt components. There is a shallow dent in the passenger front fender, from a previous owner. There is a run in the paint on the inside of the driver's door. The Drivers door panel, and passenger rear door panel are not perfect. The paint on the steering wheel is damaged at 3 and 9 o'clock, where the spokes meet the outer rim. The only 2 non-functioning things I am aware of are the lighter, and windshield washer squirter, though the AM radio can be finicky. Engine history is unknown, aside from some work done after a dropped valve seat. Powerglide has been resealed. Torque Converter has new seal, and bushing. Still drips PG fluid after sitting a while.

I am asking $11,000. The car is located in DeWitt, IA. I would consider partial trades for a solid Rampside project, or a solid Mist Blue 66 Coupe.

I would prefer that the buyer sees the car in person before making an offer.

I will post a link to more pictures tomorrow (7/9/18).

Email at eprosise at HotMail dot com

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA
Iowa Corvair Enthusiasts / Corvair Minnesota / Corvanatics
61 Rampside, 65 4-door/140PG, 66 Monza Vert, 66 AutoX Car, Manx Vair Buggy, Rupp Chevy Jr.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For Sale: 1965 Monza 4 Door, 140/PG (IOWA)
Date: July 08, 2018 09:12PM

Why am I selling?

1. Looking to start the Restoration of my Corvair-powered Manx dune buggy
2. Would like to put some more money into my 66 Convertible, that was painted earlier this year (needs a top, trim, etc)
3. Could use 1 extra garage space, so I can park my daily driver inside smiling smiley

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA
Iowa Corvair Enthusiasts / Corvair Minnesota / Corvanatics
61 Rampside, 65 4-door/140PG, 66 Monza Vert, 66 AutoX Car, Manx Vair Buggy, Rupp Chevy Jr.

Date: July 08, 2018 09:16PM

Here is the link to pics. These were all taken tonight 7/8/18.

Google Pics link for 65 Sedan

Date: July 08, 2018 09:29PM

This car is NOT a mid-western car. It came to me from Washington state - reportedly an eastern Washington (dry) car.

It has a clear title, in my name. Correct rivets in the VIN, etc.

Eric

Posted by: OttawaCorvairGuy ()
Date: July 09, 2018 09:07AM

Eric,

Nice car.

Good Luck,
Tony

Posted by: Paulsgt ()
Date: July 09, 2018 09:12AM

Worth every penny! It's a beautiful car. I'd love to have it but too I have too many right now.

Paul Sergeant
CORSA Central Division Director / CORSA Treasurer <-new title
Lee's Summit, MO
CORSA since 1975
Member – HACOA, Corvair Minnesota, CORSA, Little Indians, POCI

Date: July 09, 2018 09:28AM

Paulsgt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Worth every penny! It's a beautiful car. I'd
> love to have it but too I have too many right now.

That's a nice looking Rampside....

Eric

Date: July 16, 2018 09:02AM

bump

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.