Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Vote on Test Luggage Rack !
Posted by: FRANK6969 ()
Date: July 08, 2018 07:36AM

Not sure if I should put a Clarks Luggage Rack on my 63 Spyder. So I built a test one, and looking for opinions.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vote on Test Luggage Rack !
Posted by: WalterElias ()
Date: July 08, 2018 07:54AM

Hi Frank,

For me, just like the early bumper guards, fender skirts..... nope. But it's your car so do what you like the look of !!!! Also, I've heard it makes them more top heavy and more likely to flip over smiling smiley

Dan Kling
1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 110 HP, 4spd, 3.89 stump puller
1963 Spyder Coupe, restored, converted to 4spd Saginaw
1967 UltraVan #299, The migration has begun, we're on the road again......Save the Whales!

Photos of our Greenbrier, UltraVan and work-in-progress @

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2018 07:54AM by WalterElias.

Date: July 08, 2018 08:02AM

Luggage rack on the roof of a station wagon? I don't mind seeing that, too much.

But putting one on the back of a convertible or coupe really messes up the look, IMHO. smoking smiley
Better ways to spend your money! Go for some real wire wheels! Yeah! thumbs up

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 140 Corsa ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 'Vert Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza 'Vert (SOLD) ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Evening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Posted by: David Malcolm ()
Date: July 08, 2018 09:46AM

I like it. Puts me in mind of all those sporty cars in the late 50's early 60's.

David Malcolm
1969 Monza PG Coupe
NJ near the Meadowlands

Posted by: 2ragtops ()
Date: July 08, 2018 10:42AM

I love it

Gives your car some 50's-60's style, sports car look

Bob Bauer

Show-Me Corvairs

1966 Monza Convert 140 P/G with A/C, plastic wheel with tele-column am-fm posi-traction
1966 Corsa Convert 180 wood wheel tele-column am-fm sport steering posi-traction
1965 Corsa Coupe Crown V8 mounted mid-body temporarily red lined for repair
House Springs, Missouri

Posted by: persh ()
Date: July 08, 2018 11:06AM

If you actually need a luggage rack, okay....but if you're for something that looks good....not so much...

Posted by: john.jackson ()
Date: July 08, 2018 11:16AM

Is it something you would actually use?

When I was 21 to 35, I never had the need for a luggage rack on my 69 Corvair Monza coupe. The fold down back seat and trunk provided all the room we needed before children. With children, we moved on to a station wagon. First a 73 Mazda,. Then a 77 Honda Accord towing a small Coleman camping trailer. From there we went to an 81 Chevy Caprice diesel wagon as the kids grew.
Forgot about the Corvair Rampside with a camper. Had a great two week vacation up the Pacific coast to British Columbia with our first born. That Rampside Camper was the only way she could take the kitchen sink in a Corvair.

So for me, a luggage rack is useless o a Corvair. But I have seen them used well on old MG's and Triumph's for rod trips.

Posted by: FRANK6969 ()
Date: July 08, 2018 11:49AM

The Luggage Rack would only be for the look of it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.