Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
WHO'S DRIVING / Corvair or Other Vehicle / to the Convention? When are you LEAVING? Which way are you going?
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: July 05, 2018 01:49PM

Title says it all!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WHO'S DRIVING / Corvair or Other Vehicle / to the Convention? When are you LEAVING? Which way are you going?
Posted by: Paulsgt ()
Date: July 05, 2018 02:01PM

Leaving Kansas City late Saturday evening 7/21 stopping over east of St. Louis on Saturday then on to Pittsburgh arriving late Sunday. Will be trailering my 62 Monza sedan behind my green Toyota Tundra. Looks like the route takes us through Indianapolis, Dayton, Columbus and into Pittsburgh.

Hope to see you there!

Enjoy the Corvair.

Paul Sergeant
CORSA Central Division Director / CORSA Treasurer <-new title
Lee's Summit, MO
CORSA since 1975
Member – HACOA, Corvair Minnesota, CORSA, Little Indians, POCI

Re: WHO'S DRIVING / Corvair or Other Vehicle / to the Convention? When are you LEAVING? Which way are you going?
Posted by: BobJ ()
Date: July 05, 2018 02:27PM

Leaving 4AM Monday AM from ST Paul, MN area and driving straight through with my son and another Corvair buddy, arriving Monday evening.
I94-I80 to PA.
Using son's F150 in case we find the irresistable Corvair parts to haul home.
Hitting new Corvair Museum in Decatur on Sunday trip home.

Looking forward to seeing Paul Sergeant and his 62 sedan with the cloth bench seat interior!

BobJ

Frostbite Falls, MN
CORSA since 72
62 Monza Sedan A/C with cloth bench seat option.
63 Spyder Convert
US Navy Vet

Posted by: john.jackson ()
Date: July 05, 2018 02:32PM

Leaving San Diego about July 13/14. Driving 2001 Honda Accord. Arrive Pittsburgh Sunday 7/22.

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: July 05, 2018 02:50PM

My original intention was to have my 1965 Monza Coupe on the road by now and have a couple of weeks to sort it out enough to feel comfortable driving it to the convention but....that isn't going to happen.

I had considered driving my other toy (Prowler) but decided it wouldn't fit in so I'll be driving my daily driver/beater car (2010 Focus Coupe) which has room for me to haul stuff I buy, back home.

My plan is to leave here Saturday morning July 21st and arrive mid afternoon the same day since it is only a five hour drive for me from the Baltimore MD area.
I figure getting there a day early will allow me to watch most folks arrive.

I can hardly wait as this will be the first convention I have attended since the Twin Cities Convention back around 1977. Coincidentally I will be attending with one of the same people I attended with last time.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Posted by: eddieb ()
Date: July 05, 2018 03:12PM

Leaving Florida on July 14th,will be spending a week in and around central PA visiting with wife's friends and relatives, (Altoona area). On to Pittsburgh on the 22nd (100 miles).Driving my 2011 Dodge 1500, comfortable ride and great gas mileage and will be bringing my previously owned '60 sedan back to Florida.
Hope to meet many forum posters and find some '60 advertisement items.
EddieB Dade City,Fl

Posted by: blackspyder ()
Date: July 05, 2018 03:16PM

Myself, my wife and daughter are driving my 14 jetta sportwagen out. Leaving Eastern PA on Sunday morning. My son is driving his 2017 Golf alltrack from Delaware and meeting us. I will be at the convention monday afternoon and tuesday all day. The rest of the week we have college visits in the Pittsburgh area for my daughter, and a couple of other family things planned. Looking for parts to finish up my car, its getting close to being finished.

Roger Fedor
Whitehall, PA
1963 Spyder Coupe, currently undergoing re-restoration

Posted by: cooterr ()
Date: July 05, 2018 04:16PM

Circle City Corvairs, Indianapolis will be leaving from the east side of Indy on Monday Morning at 9 am.

Tom Miller
Performance Corvair Group
Circle City Corvairs
Corsa

Posted by: KILLERCORVAIR ()
Date: July 06, 2018 03:48AM

will be shuttling all 4 corvairs down to hotel on sat/sunday. But then again i live only a hour away. See my whole intention to put on this convention was to be close to home, thats it! Lol! GGGGGGGGGggggg!
jim weppelman

Posted by: Caveman_1960 ()
Date: July 06, 2018 04:12AM

Leaving Wednesday, the 25th at oh-dark-thirty in a mini-convoy with other DACC members. I'll be driving my Silverado half ton pulling my almost new flatbed trailer. Going East the trailer will have Eddie B's 1960 Canadian 500 sedan. In Pittsburgh we will re-load the car onto his rented trailer and then the hunt is on for something else to ride back toward Detroit after Saturday's car show. Got any ideas? - Caveman Pete

Posted by: 65CrownV8 ()
Date: July 06, 2018 03:11PM

Departing Orlando on 12 July in my Silverado with Travel Trailer in tow. Headed up I-95 to South Carolina, then I-26 to I-77 to spend a few nights with step-son in Christiansburg, VA. Then on to Washington, PA via I-77/I-79 to spend time with family in Canonsburg.

George Jones - East Orlando, FL
'65 Monza V8 Convertible - 355/4-spd Posi - TT015
'66 Monza Coupe - 95/PG
'67 Monza Coupe 140/4-spd/Posi, A/C
COrvaiR Society of America (CORSA), Central Florida Corvair Club, Tidewater Corvair Club, V8 Registry

Posted by: mercman ()
Date: July 08, 2018 10:20AM

I'll be leaving Monday morning from Easton PA, in a 3/4 ton suburban so if anyone has a breakdown and needs a tow, just get in touch.I'll try to help

65 Monza 110 pg
65 Monza 110 pg convertible Danube Blue sold
67 500 sport sedan 110 pg
Crown kit waiting for the right car
LEHIGH VALLEY CORVAIR CLUB

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.