Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
CORSA International Convention Events – Spot-lighting the Concours d’Elegance
Posted by: SteveInMarietta ()
Date: June 12, 2018 07:58AM

concours 1
The Concours d’Elegance is certainly one of the highlights of the annual convention. Here, the finest and most prestigious Corvairs compete for points within different classes - the name is the French phrase for "competition of elegance". The vehicles are thoroughly inspected and judged based upon paint and bodywork, trim and trunk or cargo area, wheels, tires and glass, undercarriage, engine, operations, and interior.

You can download here a very nice How-To Guide For Participants prepared by Ken Schifftner; and you can download here the full CORSA Concours d'Elegance rules.

There are three judging classes, defined as (in a nutshell):
Factory Stock - vehicles unmodified from their original factory assembly specifications. The two subcategories are Original and Restored.
Modified - corvair bodied vehicles that have been altered from their stock condition.
Engineering - vehicle using major corvair components (e.g., flat-six powered dune-buggies and ultra vans)

concours 2

Vehicles are also placed into two categories, defined as (in a nutshell):
Senior - vehicles that have previously won gold awards
Primary - all other vehicles

Award levels are determined as:
Gold - 96.00 to 100 points
Silver - 92.0 to 95.99
Bronze - 88.0 to 91.99

The concours events schedule at this year's Pittsburgh Convention is:
Monday 7/23
Concours Judges Meeting . . . . . .11:45 am — 12:15 pm
Concours Participants Meeting . . .12:15 pm —1:00 pm
Concours Judges Training . . . . . .1:00 pm — 2:00 pm
Concours Classification . . . . . . 2:00 pm — 5:00 pm

Tuesday 7/24
Concours Setup . . . . . . . . . . .6:30 am — 8:00 am
Concours d’Elegance . . . . . . . . 9:00 am — 4:00 pm

Not a member of CORSA? Please consider joining, and click this link to find more about CORSA membership.

The 2018 CORSA convention in Pittsburgh, July 23 – 28, is hosted by the Western Pennsylvania Corvair Club. Visit the WPCC Convention web page for hotel reservations, event scheduling and other convention information. Anyone can attend the Convention and register at the host hotel. Registration is now open to CORSA Members for tours, events, vender space, the banquet, etc, from the Corsa Convention web page.

Steve Spilatro
CORSA Social Media Coordinator

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CORSA International Convention Events – Spot-lighting the Concours d’Elegance
Posted by: jcorvair ()
Date: June 13, 2018 10:53AM

Anyone know how late a person can register for Concours? I may not know if I my car will be ready and if I have time to attend until the week before , when I would have to load the car and trailer it out.

James
Maple Ridge, BC

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Turbo
2013 Hyundai Elantra (daughter's future car)
2016 Dodge 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 (for haulin cars, trailers, fifth wheels, quads, etc.)
2013 Victory Car Hauler (enclosed)
2015 Polaris 570 EPS
2016 Polaris 570 SP

Re: CORSA International Convention Events – Spot-lighting the Concours d’Elegance
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: June 13, 2018 08:41PM

Show up on the first day...

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: jcorvair ()
Date: June 14, 2018 11:22AM

Thanks Matt,

I wasn't sure if I could register the morning of the event. I recall issues with that a few years ago and wasn't sure.

Cheers,

James
Maple Ridge, BC

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Turbo
2013 Hyundai Elantra (daughter's future car)
2016 Dodge 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 (for haulin cars, trailers, fifth wheels, quads, etc.)
2013 Victory Car Hauler (enclosed)
2015 Polaris 570 EPS
2016 Polaris 570 SP

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: June 14, 2018 06:26PM

Right.... need to do it the day before... !st day of Convention usually

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.