Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Proposal for changes to CORSA Bylaws
Posted by: SteveInMarietta ()
Date: June 10, 2018 07:38PM

The CORSA Board of Directors wishes to put forward to the membership a proposed change to the organization's Bylaws. The change pertains to the election procedure for Board members, and you can follow this link for an overview of the proposed changes. There you will also find links to the full text of the proposed changes and the complete CORSA Bylaws.

Steve Spilatro
CORSA Social Media Coordinator

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Proposal for changes to CORSA Bylaws
Posted by: flamingchariots ()
Date: June 11, 2018 07:54AM

"...at the CORSA Annual Meeting scheduled on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 5:45 PM. This meeting will occur at the 48th International Corvair Society of America Convention in Pittsburgh, PA. Please plan on casting your vote. A two-thirds majority of the members in attendance will be required to pass this proposed amendment to the By-Laws."

So voting on this issue cannot be done online or by mail, but only by physical attendance?

Kevin
Medina, OH

Posted by: Allan Lacki ()
Date: June 11, 2018 12:31PM

Hi Kevin,

Interestingly enough, Article XV of the by-laws allows either method to be used but does not indicate that either one is preferred. Here is what it says:

Article XV: Amendments
These By-Laws may be amended using the following procedure: The proposed changes must be presented in writing to the CORSA Board of Directors and a motion to present the changes to the general membership must be passed by a majority of the Board. Then a motion to accept the proposed changes must be passed by two-thirds of those members present at any general membership meeting, or two-thirds of members voting by mail ballot, providing written notification of proposed amendments has been published in the Society monthly publication at least thirty days before the ballot or the general membership meeting.

The proposed change is not very big and doesn't affect the structure of CORSA or the services that CORSA provides to its members. If it did, I'd advocate that we use a mail ballot instead. Keep the comments coming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2018 12:38PM by Allan Lacki.

Date: June 11, 2018 12:32PM

Hi Kevin,
That is my understanding. I'm not aware of the specific reasons on-line/write-in votes are not be utilized, and maybe someone from the BOD will contribute to this response. I do know that should there be an amendment or significant change to the wording of the proposal as a result of the discussion during the convention, then any pre-cast votes could not be counted. If someone else can contribute, please do.

Steve

Date: June 11, 2018 12:33PM

OK, I see that Allan just responded also.
Steve

Posted by: Darrin ()
Date: June 11, 2018 01:22PM

You are doing a good job of getting the word out. I imagine if the membership were concerned about this change (which I am not, and guess most will not care, just see it as a small improvement) that the board would ask for ballots...which has a cost.

For this change, this procedure seems just fine.

Darrin Hartzler
Bethesda, MD

Corvairs in two states of the Union and varying states of disarray.

Northern Virginia Corvairs & Group Corvair

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: June 11, 2018 02:14PM

Am I understanding this right that online votes won't matter because they will only count those who are present at the convention? So why even ask the rest of us what we think outside of posting the results later?

Eric C. Player
Porterville, CA
- National Member, CORSA
- Member: Central Coast CORSA
- Former Member: Vintage CORSA Orange County & South Coast CORSA Los Angeles California Chapters. Member, ISA (Int. Screenwriter's Assn.), SAG Eligible, and Producer's Guild Aspirant

* Then: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red/1965 Monza 110 Purple/
1967 Monza 140 Red/1966 500 110 Black/1965 Monza 110 Yellow
* Now: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo Project. Getting there.

"Chevrolet's Corvair was a maverick machine, a rear-engined renegade born out of spite and genius." -- Sports Car Graphic, August 1969

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: June 11, 2018 02:24PM

Eric!! They would like to get more people to the convention!

2020 Convention will be in San Diego.... be there!!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: john.jackson ()
Date: June 11, 2018 02:29PM

playerpage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Am I understanding this right that online votes
> won't matter because they will only count those
> who are present at the convention? So why even ask
> the rest of us what we think outside of posting
> the results later?

The board is simply getting the word out to the general membership in advance. It is what a good board does. We members can vote or ignore the issue. Most of us will ignore the issue. But the board is doing it's part to let us know.

Date: June 11, 2018 03:27PM

Eric,
I believe that any feedback from the membership would be much appreciated by the BOD. Even if you cannot come to the convention, your comments or suggestions could have bearing on the proposal.
Steve

Posted by: john.jackson ()
Date: June 15, 2018 11:50AM

SteveInMarietta Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eric,
> I believe that any feedback from the membership
> would be much appreciated by the BOD. Even if you
> cannot come to the convention, your comments or
> suggestions could have bearing on the proposal.
> Steve

Exactly!!

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: June 15, 2018 12:37PM

Didn't mean to pick a scab.

And 2020 in San Diego is more than doable for me. Its a leisurely 7-hour drive down the coast from where I am in California, my daughter will be 4 (and a lot easier to find a sitter for, or bring along), and at the rate I am going my car might even make the journey by then.

Cheers all. Again, didn't mean to strike any nerves. Your answers make sense and I really did want to know.

Eric C. Player
Porterville, CA
- National Member, CORSA
- Member: Central Coast CORSA
- Former Member: Vintage CORSA Orange County & South Coast CORSA Los Angeles California Chapters. Member, ISA (Int. Screenwriter's Assn.), SAG Eligible, and Producer's Guild Aspirant

* Then: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red/1965 Monza 110 Purple/
1967 Monza 140 Red/1966 500 110 Black/1965 Monza 110 Yellow
* Now: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo Project. Getting there.

"Chevrolet's Corvair was a maverick machine, a rear-engined renegade born out of spite and genius." -- Sports Car Graphic, August 1969

Posted by: jcorvair ()
Date: June 15, 2018 01:48PM

It is also noteworthy that of the people that attend the convention, not all attend the AGM. The more advance notice the better for sure.

James
Maple Ridge, BC

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Turbo
2013 Hyundai Elantra (daughter's future car)
2009 Silverado HD Crew Cab 4x4 (for haulin cars, trailers, fifth wheels, quads, etc.)
2013 Victory Car Hauler (enclosed)
2015 Polaris 570 EPS
2016 Polaris 570 SP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.