Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
REPORTS!! 39th Annual Virginia Vair Fair! May 18 - 20, 2018
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: April 22, 2018 11:32AM

The 39th Annual Vair Fair will be held at Winchester, Virginia, located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley on May 18-20, 2018. The Vair Fair will be based at the Winchester Hampton Inn North. This Vair Fair is a warm up to the 2018 CORSA Convention. The Valve Cover Races uses the same double elimination system that will be used at the convention, and the model car concours will feature the same categories (stock, modified, diorama, promotional/collectible & scratch built) as are found in the national convention provided there are adequate entries. Come join us for this year's theme of "Life is Great in a '68".

Click here for More info!

Pictures from Last Year's event!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2018 06:29AM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 39th Annual Virginia Vair Fair! May 18 - 20, 2018
Posted by: PGVair ()
Date: April 24, 2018 07:45AM

Although the room cutoff date for our group rate has expired, as of today there are some rooms still available in the motel. If you want a room there, call the Winchester Hampton Inn North at 540-678-4000 or register online at [hamptoninn.hilton.com].

Thanks,
Wade Lanning

Re: 39th Annual Virginia Vair Fair! May 18 - 20, 2018 PRE-Registration Cutoff is May11
Posted by: PGVair ()
Date: May 07, 2018 05:03PM

This is a reminder that the Virginia Vair Fair pre-registration cutoff date is Friday, May 11. Send your registration forms postmarked by May 11 to get the event pre-registration prices. Go to the Vair Fair website to download the registration form at this link [www.vairfair.com]

Regards,
Wade Lanning

Posted by: 1963RedBrier ()
Date: May 09, 2018 04:37AM

I mailed my check in yesterday! Looking forward to Winchester!

Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: May 17, 2018 07:42PM

Leaving late morning to get there. See you all then!smileys with beer

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Posted by: vairboy ()
Date: May 18, 2018 04:01AM

Please post some pictures for those of us that could not attend!

Re: REPORTS!! 39th Annual Virginia Vair Fair! May 18 - 20, 2018
Date: May 18, 2018 01:27PM

I was slow posting picture, not technical savvy, couldn't post picture from phone, had to send to PC.

Anyway, here is a earlier picture of the Corvairs who came out in the pouring rain. Weather better now. More pictures later.

People rolling in now, come on down!

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Attachments:
Date: May 18, 2018 03:36PM

Here's to a Fun Weekend! Frank post every night! Nice thing when you email the pic it is properly resized and Rotated!!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: whubbell ()
Date: May 18, 2018 05:25PM

Looks like it will be a rainy Vair Fair this year. Oh well, at least the cars will all look shiny!

I had a harrowing drive here today - first my turn signals stopped working and we had to stop to reconnect the cable from the steering hub to the switch on the steering column. Then, while driving across the Blue Ridge mountains in driving rain, my wipers suddenly froze up and couldn’t be fixed, so I had to drive the last 45 miles in pouring rain with no wipers! Fortunately my windshield is still very smooth and lightly waxed so the water beaded up, but it was still somewhat of a white knuckle experience.

Of course, once we arrived at the hotel they started working again angry smiley. My thinking is that the linkage needed lubrication so it locked up when it got hot, then freed up again after it cooled down- definitely was not a power issue. I put some oil on the linkage points and so far it is still working.

Bill Hubbell,
President, Stock Corvair Group

Attachments:

Posted by: whubbell ()
Date: May 18, 2018 05:28PM

More photos

Bill Hubbell,
President, Stock Corvair Group

Attachments:

Date: May 18, 2018 06:01PM

Thanks Bill!

..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: May 20, 2018 08:28PM

Here are two shots from earlier on Saturday, as we were setting up for the people's choice voting.

More people have showed up this morning, having waited out the Friday and overnight rain. Still drizzling at this time. More showed up after I took these pictures, all the way to Noon arrivals.

Later the skies cleared for the rally through the countryside.

We had only one outside vendor, as setting up in the rain was an issue for them. It was Russell Davis who came to display and sell his Corvair specialty tools and head nuts.thumbs up

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Attachments:

Date: May 20, 2018 08:34PM

The 60 in the photos came from Ohio. He won the hard luck award, as he started out bringing his 62 Monza wagon, but the oil pressure light came on 50 miles from his home. Confirmed oil problem (vs chaffed wire or temperature switch issue) by removing wire from sending unit. So, he had it towed home and came in the 60 700 4 door. He also won long distance award, since we counted the 100 miles of the wagon and the 300 miles of the 60. A real trooper!smileys with beer

The only parking lot tech session this year was a replacement tail lamp bulb.

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Date: May 21, 2018 11:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.