home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
WTB: Bolt in harness bar
Posted by: Bobdudeman ()
Date: April 15, 2018 06:15AM

Hey everybody. I'm looking for a bolt in harness Bar for a 66 Corvair. There's a few options out there but I don't know if they will fit the Corvair or not. Do you have any suggestions? The ones I see online Mount to wear the shoulder part of the seat belt would be but of course is 66 Corvair doesn't seem to have that or am I missing something. Thanks in advance guys preciate it.

needpart

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2018 07:52AM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WTB: Bolt in harness bar
Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: April 16, 2018 04:35AM

I started to reply yesterday but thought someone would have better information.

It seems to me that sometime during the 66 year production they began installing an extra provision along the outer roof for a shoulder belt, even though the belt wasn't provided yet. It was just a threaded hole with I suppose a welded nut.

If you're looking for a side to side bar for competition belts I don't have any information.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Posted by: David Malcolm ()
Date: April 16, 2018 05:40AM

It was sometime in the beginning of the 1966 calendar year when the Fed regs changed. Its in the same location as later cars and is pretty far back. It had that separate shoulder belt bolted to it and clipped to the ceiling.
On my 69 I don't think it had ever been used. Got a set of 3-pt retractable belts from Morris Classic that bolt to the original mounting points. They used a long drop strap on that ceiling bolt to effectively lower the shoulder mount.

David Malcolm
1969 Monza PG Coupe
NJ near the Meadowlands

Posted by: moomba32 ()
Date: April 16, 2018 08:54AM

I've seen people run the harness strap back and bolt it under the rear seat cushion using those seat belt points. I haven't seen a bar in a Corvair without it also being a roll bar.

Don Marlowe
66 Monza 2Dr 140/pg
64 Spyder convertible now, 110/pg
Eutawville SC

Posted by: Bobdudeman ()
Date: April 16, 2018 05:22PM

I may just have one fabed across the back and bolt it in

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.