Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
OT-I Need A Parking Spot For 2 Months In Salinas Ca Area-I Bot A K5 Blazer, Need A Place To Park It...
Posted by: UGLYTRUK ()
Date: March 12, 2018 01:19PM

My usual routine. The seller is moving, so he lost his free storage. Anybody have a backyard or storage spot for 6 weeks or so. I'll be flying out April 2x, just after spring Carlisle Pa.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2018 01:28PM by UGLYTRUK.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OT-I Need A Parking Spot For 2 Months In Salinas Ca Area-I Bot A K5 Blazer, Need A Place To Park It..,
Posted by: moomba32 ()
Date: March 12, 2018 01:22PM

What year Blazer? Full top truck?

Don Marlowe
66 Monza 2Dr 140/pg
64 Spyder convertible now, 110/pg
Eutawville SC

Re: OT-I Need A Parking Spot For 2 Months In Salinas Ca Area-I Bot A K5 Blazer, Need A Place To Park It..,
Date: March 12, 2018 01:28PM

1985, rmvbl roof. Runs fine, looks nice

Re: OT-I Need A Parking Spot For 2 Months In Salinas Ca Area-I Bot A K5 Blazer, Need A Place To Park It...
Date: March 12, 2018 02:07PM

Half convertible like mine, last full roof was 74 I think. You should do YouTube videos of your trip back.

Don Marlowe
66 Monza 2Dr 140/pg
Eutawville SC

Re: OT-I Need A Parking Spot For 2 Months In Salinas Ca Area-I Bot A K5 Blazer, Need A Place To Park It...
Date: March 12, 2018 02:17PM

Oh ok, I've only had the dropped nose square bodys. I actually bot 2, I gas in Salinas, 1 6.2 diesel in Las Vegas. I'll tow one with the other. Video it? Who'd watch???

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: March 12, 2018 02:53PM

We would!! Much more popular these days to snag viewers..

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: March 12, 2018 03:48PM

Especially if you do something fun to watch. Watch some of the series 'Roadkill' by the Hot Rod magazine guys, they pull something out of the weeds, spend a day working on it then take it on a roadtrip often buying thousands of dollars worth of parts along the way, think they have sponsors, they always find a PepBoys.

Don Marlowe
66 Monza 2Dr 140/pg
Eutawville SC

Posted by: jcorvair ()
Date: March 13, 2018 12:44PM

Assuming the 6.2 block isn't cracked that would be interesting. My '86 had the 6.2 replaced with a normally aspirated 6.5.

Good luck.

James
Maple Ridge, BC

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Turbo
2013 Hyundai Elantra (daughter's future car)
2009 Silverado HD Crew Cab 4x4 (for haulin cars, trailers, fifth wheels, quads, etc.)
2013 Victory Car Hauler (enclosed)
2015 Polaris 570 EPS
2016 Polaris 570 SP

Date: March 13, 2018 01:31PM

What kind of cracked block were you thinking of? I'm aware of the starter breaking off the block issue, I've seen a couple. GM under engineered the bolt size, they used the same bolts as the gas engine, big mistake. And the bracket that attaches the starter to the block was undersized, should have been twice as big and attached to the two bolts that hold the starter case together. My daily drivers are both 1984, K5 Blazer with a plow, and three-quarter ton Suburban 4 wheel drive, and they don't give me much trouble at all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.