Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Need help - Resurrecting a Spyder
Posted by: moomba32 ()
Date: March 12, 2018 01:20PM

I don't really know what the market is, I think it's a candidate to be saved, especially being a Spyder, it does need a bunch done to it though.
I paid $1000 for my Spyder but that was 20 some years ago, to compare: The turbo engine was seized, along with the rest of the drivetrain shortly after, some rust under the trim on one quarter panel, the rest straight solid and paint almost rubbed through. Seats and door panels in good shape, no carpet, top was usable but ugly, came with a 'rebuilt' 95 engine that I never got to work right. Mine was mostly apart, brakes had just been reworked with new stuff and still work good. I can't help much on the price of things, I've mostly done my own work and gotten parts along as the deals showed up.

Don Marlowe
66 Monza 2Dr 140/pg
64 Spyder convertible now, 110/pg
Eutawville SC

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need help - Resurrecting a Spyder
Posted by: RKF ()
Date: March 12, 2018 02:26PM

Chances are, this is a numbers-matching Spyder which definetly makes it worth saving, in my opinion.

I am in the beginning stages of restoring a '63 Spyder and have been pricing out the necessary mechanical and interior parts. So far my parts list is up to $4,000, which includes a front-end rebuild kit, new gas tank, fuel lines, brake lines, exhaust, and a complete interior. I haven't begun to price out the top and paint.

If you get the car, you should probably prepare to spend $15K on a total restoration.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.