Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
OT-ish... I'm Planning A Trip To Carlisle Pa Spring Swap Meet-Walking Distance Hotel-How To Find?
Posted by: UGLYTRUK ()
Date: March 06, 2018 04:17AM

Navigating the different hotels' website and maps is very frustrating. Does anybody know which hotels are walking distance? I'm going with a friend from Israel that doesn't want to drive on the Sabbath...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2018 04:22AM by UGLYTRUK.

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OT-ish... I'm Planning A Trip To Carlisle Pa Spring Swap Meet-Walking Distance Hotel-How To Find?
Posted by: Murphy ()
Date: March 06, 2018 06:17AM

Only been there once. I don't remember hotels real close. It has been a few years though....

65 Monza Coupe
61 500 Coupe-W100181
Earliest '61?

Re: OT-ish... I'm Planning A Trip To Carlisle Pa Spring Swap Meet-Walking Distance Hotel-How To Find?
Date: March 06, 2018 08:07AM

I looked at hotels.com, I have an account with them. And the Days Inn North is a mile and a half away, but they only have smoking rooms. My friend was there a few years ago, and he says there's hotels up and down the strip, but the computer just adds to the confusion, instead of simplifying things.

Posted by: SkidRo ()
Date: March 06, 2018 09:19AM

There's a Budget Inn in the same direction as the Days Inn but closer to the event. There is also a Comfort Suites and the Carlisle House B&B a little over a mile away to the south of the event on Hanover Street. The latter two are considered downtown Carlisle.

Rory
66 Corsa
Silver Spring, MD

Date: March 06, 2018 10:43AM

The Comfort Suites is 190, and booked, but they hold blocks for groups until March 20th, so she's pretty sure something will come up. But it's really pricey. And the Carlisle B&B, I left a message. But I'm sure that's reserved the year in advance anything else anybody can think of?

Posted by: putput ()
Date: March 07, 2018 06:58PM

find one with a shuttle

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: March 07, 2018 07:38PM

putput Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> find one with a shuttle

"I'm going with a friend from Israel that doesn't want to drive on the Sabbath..."

Translation - No vehicular travel from sunset Friday evening, to sunset Saturday evening.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
'66 Monza Coupe - 4spd, 140 Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - PG, 140 Daily driver beater
'67 A/C Moredoor Monza - 140 4-spd. driver

Date: March 07, 2018 09:58PM

Yup...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.