Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Anybody use ProCar Seats with their Corvair adapter?
Posted by: 66ragcorsa ()
Date: March 03, 2018 08:05PM

I went to the AutoRama in Detroit last night and saw these seats. They are made to look similar to 60’s Chevy seats, but modern. They come with sliders then you can make your own adapter or buy their’s for $85. I see they do offer one that will fit a 65-67 Corvair. The ones that look the closest to my 66 seats are the Elite Lumbar DXL 1250. They are $400 from Jegs and wndering if anyone has used these seats or adapters and what they think of them?

Steve T
Michigan
1966 Corsa Convertible
Photobucket

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anybody use ProCar Seats with their Corvair adapter?
Date: March 03, 2018 08:23PM

[www.jegs.com]

Steve T
Michigan
1966 Corsa Convertible
Photobucket

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: March 03, 2018 09:18PM

Not sure what part is supposed to look like '60s Chevy?
Unless it is the vertical stitching?
Between those($400+ ea.) and what I have in my coupe($300 for the pair, used BMW 3 series seats.), . . . . . . . . . . .
I will stick with what I have at less than half the cost, and probably much higher quality.

-----------------------------------------------
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
'66 Monza Coupe - 4spd, 140 Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - PG, 140 Daily driver beater

Posted by: County98 ()
Date: March 04, 2018 12:25AM

I don't have those, but I like the look of them also. If it's in your budget, then go for it, I'd be curious to get your opinion on the setup.

Recaro's are damn expensive, but Corbeau makes a lot of nice options too.

Date: March 04, 2018 04:57AM

I like the idea of a new seat vs a donor from another car. You put a seat in from a car with 100k miles on it and it is already broke down. The vertical stripes will match the 66 interior nicely and not look like I just swapped the from seats and it clashes with the rest of the interior. I have extra 66 seat buttons too that will fit nicely in the horizontal transition seam near the top of the seat which should make it look even more stock. Proseat makes another seat without lumbar called the P90 that is nice too. The verticle stripes on that one though and more narrow. These would match the 65 Corvair interior better, so a thought for those with a 65 looking do do something with your front seats. They also have a really seat that looks very close to a 66, but the sides are argessive like a racing seat and would make it harder to get in and out of the car. I am going to use my seat extenders as my adapter bracket too. Many online reviews indicate that the Procar adapters put the seat too high. Mine is marginal for me now as I am 6’3”. It will be a few months before I get them, but I will post some pics.

Steve T
Michigan
1966 Corsa Convertible
Photobucket

Posted by: toms73novass ()
Date: March 04, 2018 06:48AM

Did you mean to link the procar 1400 low back seats in your link, they look 60's.

-Tom

63' Monza Spyder Convertable (in process) MY Build Thread
65' Monza MY Build Thread
73' NovaSS 454 Big block
86' BMW 325es
98' Dodge 2500 12v Cummins Diesel with 1200 lb torque!
98' VW Jetta TDI, for daughter
01' Audi Allroad Stage 3 twin turbo

NFCC
Grand Island, NY

Date: March 04, 2018 07:13AM

The P90 1300 has the headrest and is a little taller. If I had a 65, I would go with the 1300. Both look great though and to me $350-$400 for a seat that has modern features, comfortable and looks so close to the original, is a fair price. If you try to redo the old seats, you will pay more than that and have 50 year old technology that is not going to be as comfortable as these.

Steve T
Michigan
1966 Corsa Convertible
Photobucket

Posted by: moomba32 ()
Date: March 04, 2018 10:06AM

It says "Multiposition Seatback Release" I'm guessing that means the seat will fold forward to access the back seat. Does it also give multiple positions for the seat back while you drive, I like that feature. I like them, think they'll look good, has to be more comfortable.

Don Marlowe
66 Monza 2Dr 140/pg
64 Spyder convertible now, 110/pg
Eutawville SC

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.