Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
FC perimeter seal reatiners
Posted by: bwells ()
Date: February 27, 2018 11:46AM

Folks,

Are the left and right perimeter seal retainers for the FCs the same as the early cars? I am re-installing my new engine in the Rampside and cannot find the driver side retainer. It is too large to overlook and even the bounty I put on it to encourage my daughter to help find it was fruitless. Before I go to my local Corvair parts hoarder, I thought I would ask.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Wells
North Texas Corvair Assoc.
www.northtexascorvair.org
61 Ramp
65 Corsa

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FC perimeter seal reatiners
Date: February 27, 2018 01:45PM

Cars, Trucks = Same

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 140 Corsa ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 'Vert Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza 'Vert (SOLD) ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Evening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Posted by: fred bagnall ()
Date: February 27, 2018 04:58PM

This is what I just looked up. Not to step on anyone's toes,just want to make sure that you get the right part for your FC. The FC perimeter seal retainer is different from left to right. The R.H. retainer,part #3777530 is shaped flat looking, and the L.H. retainer part# 37774393 is closer in form to the early auto style but has "u" nuts on it instead of on ithe car. 64 Van Assembly Manual, sect.11-13 sheet A5.00 Happy hunting.

64 Greenbrier std -110, 4spd,barn find on the road again after 46 year hiatus.
66 Turbo Corsa, 180hp,posi-trac, quick steering HD suspension,AM-FM-multiplex,soft-Ray glass all around
Floridian currently residing in Nor Cal

Posted by: bwells ()
Date: February 28, 2018 05:30AM

Fred,

Thanks for the info. I will post a side by side pic of car and FC retainers when I visit my local Corvair parts stash.

Bill Wells
North Texas Corvair Assoc.
www.northtexascorvair.org
61 Ramp
65 Corsa

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: February 28, 2018 05:30AM

The engine shrouding is the same for Cars and FCs but the retainer strips attaching to the chassis are different. Like Fred said. I think at least one of the screws on the drivers side is accessed from inside the engine compartment.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.