Corvair DiagramCorvair Photo
Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Aftermarket air filters new
Posted by: Bobdudeman ()
Date: February 17, 2018 02:13PM

In case anyone is looking for a really nice air filter with a 2 1/4" Inlet for your Rochester carbs, I found this locally from a buddy up in St Petersburg Florida. The company is map Cycles. these are$21 each and with the 2 1/4 Inlet they fit nice and snug on the carbs and I are a great look and excellent quality. They are racing filters originally made for Norton motorcycles. A set of four shipped was $91.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Aftermarket air filters new
Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: February 17, 2018 03:23PM

That's what you meant by "Soup Cans" ?
VW shops have similar ones for the old Bugs too.

WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
'66 Monza Coupe - 4spd, 140 Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - PG, 140 Daily driver beater

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: February 17, 2018 03:34PM

and if you have time to wait 2-5 weeks $4< from China direct 54 mm is 2-1/4"

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2018 10:53PM by MattNall.

Posted by: veverlove ()
Date: February 17, 2018 06:25PM

If I can possibly avoid catering to a foreign business, I do so (OK, I'm anti China, and then I find all of my "high end" tools were forged in . . .Taiwan, they were machined/finished here. eye rolling smiley Go figure). I'd prefer to pay a tad more to support a local business. "Cheap" is easy to find, but not necessarily the best value, yada, yada. That being said, there are some very good things/items that come from foreign countries (my vitamin/mineral supplement, "rated highest in purity & quality," whatever that means today?!) Its difficult being an informed consumer with all of the misinformation and false advertising. I have a locally owned auto parts store I go to when I need parts, even if that means waiting a day or two for shipment. I frequent the local Farmer's markets that abound here in the Salad Bowl of the US (Salinas Valley). Just my take on micro economics - think globally, shop locally. ggg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.