Corvair DiagramCorvair Photo
Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Anyone here in NH?
Posted by: guy63 ()
Date: February 15, 2018 11:54AM

Wondering a few things that I'm unable to get clear answers from the people who I think should have them (DMV), and wondering if anyone here from New Hampshire has had any experience; I'm moving to NH in June, but my 'Vair is already there napping in my barn.

When I register my car in NH, am I going to raise a lot of eyebrows if I drive it a lot with Antique plates, or do the authorities look the other way? Not sure how firm they are with the "for use in parades, shows, etc." blah, blah, blah....

Can I register my car with the 1963 NH plates I bought at a swap meet for $5, or will these be barn decor? It appears I can, but I just have to carry the current registered plates in the car. Anyone have experience with this one way or the other?

To register with Antique plates (over 25 years old), and get the benefit of inspections every two years, does the car have to be stock, which mine is obviously not? It appears this must be the case, or am I just reading into the statutes "maintained in original or restored condition"?

I'll be registering both my 'vair and my wife's '72 MGB, just want as much input up front as possible.

63 Spyder Coupe
Minnetonka, MN, but soon to be Harrisville, NH

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone here in NH?
Posted by: Shaker455 ()
Date: February 15, 2018 02:14PM

I'm here in Southern NH.
You'll have no issues even with the old plates
NH... Live Free or Die!

Granite State NH

Re: Anyone here in NH?
Posted by: 4carbcorvair ()
Date: February 15, 2018 04:01PM

The Central New Hampshire Corvair Association is a great bunch of people. I'm a member also, I'm in Maine tho. Get ahold of them for some definite answers. Many run antique plates.

Southern Maine.
66 Corsa Convertible, 140, 4sp.
65 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

It doesn't leak, it's marking it's territory.

A mirror is a reflection of the miles travelled.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.