Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Rear Engine? Maybe not such a bad idea.
Posted by: flat_six ()
Date: February 12, 2018 01:00PM

Enlightenment - at last.

Rear Engine Advantages

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rear Engine? Maybe not such a bad idea.
Posted by: Vin ()
Date: February 12, 2018 05:02PM

I found this same video when eating lunch today. I have always been fascinated as to how branding and marketing can make one thing sophisticated and hip (early Porsches) while something similar without the marketing image (our Corvairs) is a defective experiment best forgotten. It keeps our Vairs relatively affordable, so I am thankful for that. True Story, this past summer I parked my 65 vert next to a lady who was getting out of a black late 90s 911. We talked for a few minutes and she said looking at my car, "you must like odd cars." I replied, "you too" but by the look on her face I don't think she got it...

Vin
Dayton, OH
1965 Corvair Monza Convertible (4 speed)

Re: Rear Engine? Maybe not such a bad idea.
Posted by: flat_six ()
Date: February 12, 2018 09:41PM

I think the key phrase here is "sports car". The Corvair was originally conceived and marketed as a second family car. The ability and intentions of the drivers in these two buyer pools is quite different.

We now know that products that are marketed to the mass population must be capable of being operated with essentially zero skill. The Corvair rewarded those with the ability to focus on the task of driving. Unfortunately, most people really don't.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.