Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Vent Window Alignment
Posted by: JP_REX ()
Date: February 11, 2018 12:28PM

The gap where the weatherstrip sits between my vent window frame and the door opening on my 67 coupe is quite different at the top and bottom (see picture). Is it normal to have almost no gap at the top and a much larger gap at the bottom?

I thought I would be able to find some guidance on the gap in the 67 Fisher Body Manual, but I haven't found it yet. There's some info on how to make adjustments to the vent window but not much guidance on what is "right". If there is something in the manual, please let me know the page #.

Thanks!

John
67 Coupe 110/4-spd

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vent Window Alignment
Posted by: TerribleTed ()
Date: February 11, 2018 01:00PM

Adjust it to be as even as possible and in a position that lets the rest of the windows on that side align nicely and more importantly seal. When you align the vent window you are likely to need to re-align the doors glass and 1/4 panel glass as well to get a good fit everywhere. The vent window helps determine the alignment of the door glass and the 1/4 glass need to be aligned to the door glass, so.

I have not seen any tech data specifying a gap dimension.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avid Corvair hobbiest since 1984.
I have personally performed ground up restoration on over 20 Corvairs.
I currently work full time at restoring and repairing Corvairs.
Located in the Atlanta Georgia area.
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: vairchet ()
Date: February 11, 2018 01:05PM

This the manual you'll need. A complete alignment/adjustment description starts on page 5D-11:

Chet in Ramona

Attachments:
Posted by: Westds ()
Date: February 11, 2018 01:19PM

Can you give us a link to it so we can download the manual?

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: February 11, 2018 01:35PM

In our FAQ's

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: JP_REX ()
Date: February 11, 2018 04:11PM

Matt,
I could find a link to the Fisher Body Manual in the FAQ, but I couldn't find a link to the manual that Chet posted. Can you post the link to the manual that Chet is referencing?

Thanks!

John

Posted by: Brizo ()
Date: February 11, 2018 09:54PM

JP_REX, The first thing to do is make sure the door is aligned correctly - not too far back, too far out at the top, and not low at the rear.

Dan Brizendine,
'64 8door Greenbrier 140 PG. "In beautiful Wanamaker Indiana...with one stop light and 5 pizza shops"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.