Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
New Distributor cap options.
Posted by: Seth Emerson ()
Date: February 07, 2018 08:53PM

As I mentioned last month, I have added three new optional distributor caps for the Stinger distributor, now in stock. All of these use the original style wires - or the available 8mm wires! These caps do not have the little window on the side, like the OEM 60s cap had, so they should be easier to fit into place. All three colors are still available in the HEI style (pin type) caps as well. These caps are the same $20 option on new distributors. - Seth Emerson

Seth Emerson

Check my new Performance Corvair Web site [www.perfvair.com]

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Distributor cap options.
Posted by: Melb-Mike ()
Date: February 08, 2018 02:22PM

Funny that you mentioned this. I just ordered your distributor and plug wires but zi think I selected the pin type distributor and matching wires. I heard so many good things about your distributor I had to make the change. Hopefully I'll get it in a few more days.

64 Greenbrier
64 Spyder (needs restoration)
65 Corsa 140, restored
66 Corsa turbo, restoring now
66 Corsa 140 "RR" code coupe fully restored
67 Pontiac GTO restored
69 Corvette 427 convertible restored
2015 Porsche Panamera S
2015 Corvette Z06
1965 AC Cobra (Factory Five)

Date: February 09, 2018 12:25AM

Mike - Your Distributor shipped out last Friday. Honestly, I didn't receive these caps until Monday! The HEI wires work great, you received my current bonus of an extra pin-type distributor cap with your order, and you saved $20! Win-win!

Seth Emerson

Posted by: Caveman_1960 ()
Date: February 09, 2018 03:22AM

OEM 1960-1 caps did not have the "little window". You are thinking of the cap for a small block V8. 283 or 327.

Date: February 09, 2018 01:56PM

Actually, Pete, I have been supplying a "1960's" cap - not a 1960 Corvair cap - but a 1966 Buick V6 cap to the distributor buyers who wanted a "OEM style" look for their installation. That cap uses my standard wire sets, instead of the HEI tips. Those Buick caps still had the window on the side for dwell adjustment - when there were points inside. This new series of caps are like those, but no window. It will make them easier to rotate and locate in the tight spaces of the Corvair.

Seth Emerson

Posted by: Melb-Mike ()
Date: February 09, 2018 04:29PM

Seth Emerson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mike - Your Distributor shipped out last Friday.
> Honestly, I didn't receive these caps until
> Monday! The HEI wires work great, you received my
> current bonus of an extra pin-type distributor cap
> with your order, and you saved $20! Win-win!

Hello Seth. Just got the distributor today. It looks great, very much a quality product. And thank you for the extra cap, much appreciated. Unless you see a problem, I'm going to run it with my new MSD-6A digital ignition unit. I'm looking forward to get this hooked up. BTW, your distributor came highly recommended.

Mike

Date: February 09, 2018 09:02PM

Mike - If you want to to run it with an MSD, I have a suggestion to make the job easier. I will drop you a note.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.