home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
NEED opinions on Interior options for TODAY!!! ...thanks
Posted by: red monza ()
Date: January 30, 2018 07:09PM

I am in a pickle here...I need to order two interiors tomorrow....one for the 64 yellow conv and one for my 66 tropic turquoise hardtop.

Yellow one: it has a nice black conv top...it also came with 2 new black door panels uncut, etc. I am thinking about all black interior to save money as I will be selling this car. I hate black interiors and hope the buyers out there will accept a black interior...if I were keeping the car, I think a white interior would be my choice....OPINIONS PLEASE.

The 66: It curently has a dyed black interior...the door panels and back seat look okay...the two front seats are coming apart and the dye is rubbing off the dr side seat...rather than do all new black, I am thinking of black with an aqua insert and dark aqua carpet....or I can do just plain 100% aqua but would have to eventually change all the rest of the interior...I will keep this one as it is a good car and runs strong...OPINIONS PLEASE..

Thanks...I do need to order both of these tomorrow ...wednesday to save about $120.00 counting a headliner and two rear panels for the 64 conv.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2018 09:43AM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NEED opinions on Interior options for tomorrow ...thanks
Posted by: flamingchariots ()
Date: January 30, 2018 08:05PM

I think that a black interior in a yellow vert is striking; I love it!
However, I realize that it depends which area of the country you live in.

How about a black/white theme? White seats with door panels black?

I like your two-tone idea on the '66...

Kevin
Medina, OH

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: January 30, 2018 08:09PM

Just my 2 cents here, But I think that Verts look best with the top down, when the interior matches the top-boot.
Does your black top have a black boot?
Black interior is a strong contrast with yellow, and would look good on your convertible.
BUT, black gets really hot in the sun also.

I would think that a white interior would look good GREAT with Turquoise.

-----------------------------------------------
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
'66 Monza Coupe - 4spd, 140 Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - PG, 140 Daily driver beater

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: January 30, 2018 09:08PM

When you deviate from a traditional interior, you sometimes will cause a prospective purchaser to pass on your car. A lot of people say that they are never going to sell the car, however, at sometime in the future, the car will be sold, if not by you, then by one of your heirs. If you are young, and will be driving this car for the next 20 years, then do what makes you happy. If you are up there in years, then go with a traditional interior. Your car, and your money, so you should do what you believe is best for yourself. You asked for opinions, but in reality, the only opinion that really matters is your own. We will still respect you, no matter what you choose.

Posted by: MarkDustan ()
Date: January 30, 2018 09:17PM

In 1970 had a 65 Corsa Convertible Danube Blie with white top and interior. After 48 years restoring a 65 Corsa Convertible I found. I so loved that color combination that I planned to paint my project car 5he same color. After months of constrinating I decided to restore the car as per the original Color as it is rare Glacier Gray with Slate interior. I was going to use White interior but several friends have white interior, and they really show all the dirt. Mine will not be a Concourse car so White interior may not be the right choice for me. I love the black/white combo interiors White seats and door panels all the rest black, but I have relented and will go with Slate interior. I dislike the slate carpet because it is so light colored will always be dirty, so my current idea will be white seats door panels and top with black dash and Carpets, for easy care. I have looked at thousands of Corvairs at conventions and on line. I got some help from the experts, but even they are perplexed as to whether slate interiors had a black dash in 65. It appears mine was never painted Slate.

My plan is a white top, because most were black tops with Glacier Gray, but dislike black tops for the same reason you dislike Black interior...it’s hot even here in Oregon.

My only word of warning would be against lt blue carpet.

black and yellow for the 64 would be spectacular. Reminds me of a killer Bee’s from SNL. I have seen that combination stunning.

I will order my interior at Pennsylvania if Clarks has their special going on then. Good luck on your projects, amazed you can handle two, my hands are full with just one. Rebuilding a 65 @ 65

Posted by: moomba32 ()
Date: January 31, 2018 01:55AM

Black in the vert, it's hot but nice towels work pretty well, t-shirts slip over the back rests easily, I like aqua for the 66, 2 tone is interesting but I don't think the black and aqua will look good together.

Don Marlowe
66 Monza 2Dr 140/pg
64 Spyder convertible now, 110/pg
Eutawville SC

Posted by: irvan ()
Date: January 31, 2018 04:59AM

I'm probably biased but I really like white interiors in turquoise car. my 65 is artesian turquoise with white interior.

Attachments:
Date: January 31, 2018 07:44AM

Thank you all for such great ideas...must admit...you guys are lot more creative than I am...all great ideas and now have me thinking 180 from what I thought...

Kevin...Gotta think seriously about that white seat and the rest of the interior black...great idea.

American Mel....no boot with the conv...it does get hot even though I am in the mountains of western NC...we used to average in the 70's years ago...now this past summer close to 90...

junkman...good advice...I am not young for sure...but I have two other cars that should bring over $70,000.00 for my heirs...not counting the corvairs.

MarkDustan....you have a very unusual car...I, too, would have to go back original on that car...its just too rare...boy, you guys saying yellow with the black is stunning is killing me...a minute ago, I was all black interior with white seats...huuummm.

Don....you know how hot it gets in our area...we are about 10 degrees cooler than you are but that is not saying much..great idea about the T shirts!!!

irvan....just one word....WOW...I love that color combo. Our body color is somewhat hard to find at corvair car shows and I get a lot of " I love that color" remarks. Thank you for posting that photo...inspriring.

I have to also say a very big thank you to the PM...

What am I thinking so far?...hummmmm...I have to go to my girl friends and fix a leaking toilet...you all know we do our BEST THINKING THERE...LOL.

I am so far thinking on the 64, either all black interior or white seats with black everything else..both I like for different reasons. On the turquoise 66, I am thinking the seats will be Aqua with fawn ( off white) inserts....two tone...and later fix the door panels to match.

For those of you not familiar with the cars in question...will provide a review...

Attachments:

Posted by: Spectre ()
Date: January 31, 2018 07:58AM

My current Corvair is my first without a black interior. I am so happy that t isn't black.

David Clamp

1965 Corsa convertible - 140 4spd/3.55/AM-FM

2013 Mustang GT convertible - 5.0, 6spd auto, Procharger i-1

2003 Miata SE - 6spd manual (wife's toy)

"Victory is mine!" - SG

Oklahoma City, OK

Click for Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Forecast

Date: January 31, 2018 09:07AM

I think irvan's car is Tropic Turquoise, not Artesian. Code L. [www.wittelaw.com]

I think red monza's coupe is Marina Blue. Code F. [www.wittelaw.com]

At least that is what the colors look like on my screen.
I very well could be wrong.

[www.corvaircorsa.com]

Kevin
Medina, OH

Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: January 31, 2018 09:28AM

Having lived in different areas I have observed the following with convertibles.

The further north you go the more common a black interior is in a convertible. Conversely the farther south you go the more common light or white interiors are.

A black interior in a convertible is S. Calif. is hard to sell as the seats get VERY hot in the sun.

The turquoise car is easy - If the dash, carpet, trim are black, then keep the black dash and carpet and put in white seats and door panels. It was an option originally and looks nice IMHO.

Re: NEED opinions on Interior options for TODAY!!! ...thanks
Posted by: 2ragtops ()
Date: January 31, 2018 10:32AM

I may not remember correctly, and that happens often, but I think white interior with
tropic turq was not an option.

Seems black brown, and red were available.

I put white seats in my T/Q vert and me and most everyone else loves it.

Bob Bauer

Show-Me Corvairs

1966 Monza Convert 140 P/G with A/C, plastic wheel with tele-column am-fm posi-traction
1966 Corsa Convert 180 wood wheel tele-column am-fm sport steering posi-traction
1965 Corsa Coupe Crown V8 mounted mid-body temporarily red lined for repair
House Springs, Missouri

Attachments:
Date: January 31, 2018 10:44AM

It wasn't a great picture of the color on my car, this is better. I love the white seats in your car Bob, someday i might clean mine so they look nice too.

Attachments:
Posted by: 2ragtops ()
Date: January 31, 2018 12:26PM

Irvan

Not sure if its the camera or what, but the first picture and the last picture
are different shades of blue. Neither appears to be tropic turq.

Bob Bauer

Show-Me Corvairs

1966 Monza Convert 140 P/G with A/C, plastic wheel with tele-column am-fm posi-traction
1966 Corsa Convert 180 wood wheel tele-column am-fm sport steering posi-traction
1965 Corsa Coupe Crown V8 mounted mid-body temporarily red lined for repair
House Springs, Missouri

Date: January 31, 2018 12:40PM

2ragtops Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Irvan
>
>
> Not sure if its the camera or what, but the first
> picture and the last picture
> are different shades of blue. Neither appears to
> be tropic turq.

He said artesian, and the last picture does look more green.

Date: January 31, 2018 12:48PM

It's not Tropic, it's artesian, every picture i have looks a little different in color due to light or my lack of skill taking pictures.

Posted by: Chasgee ()
Date: January 31, 2018 02:54PM

My Corsa is Artesian with the tuxedo interior - white seats, door panels, and headliner with black everything else. Looks awesome.

Chuck Gee
Carlsbad, CA

1963 Monza 102 - in the family from new
1966 Corsa 140 Coupe - new project

Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: January 31, 2018 03:36PM

Interior/exterior available colors are online at this site:

[docs.google.com]

-Mark

Date: January 31, 2018 03:58PM

Well, with the help from all of you guys, and again, thank you so much to each and everyone who responded. I will give you a follow up as I hate it when someone wants help but never tells you what the result was... I ended up ordering Aqua seats with light fawn inserts and will go with a dark Aqua carpet on my 140/PG LL color code tropic turquoise 66.

The posts that had photos were really nice looking cars...lucky folks.

I placed an order for all white interior for the yellow 64 conv...a friend of mine who likes the car and said if I was buying it from you would want a darker tan interior....huummmmm. So I think tomorrow, I will call Clarks and change the interior seats to Black base with tan inserts...that way my new black door panels can be used...it will add some interest to the interior and not be an all black interior and it will save me some money and not be so hot. It's a HA 65 color tan...a medium tan. I will be getting a tan carpet to relieve some of the blackness also later.

I will be painting the car in the driveway like I did the 49 Chevy Fleetline I have...had two offers for 30K on it after a couple of people seeing it...one person on here also saw the car in person and said it needed to go home with him....just hope it turns out half as nice as my 49...it will be 64 yellow....have some body work to do first though.

Again...THANK YOU ALL !!!!

Date: January 31, 2018 06:32PM

sounds like a great decision, look forward to seeing the photos when done.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.