home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
CORSA International Convention Events – Spot-lighting The Economy Run
Posted by: SteveInMarietta ()
Date: January 25, 2018 09:05PM

fuel gauge
 convention logo 
The CORSA International Convention includes a variety of events for owners to show off and drive their Corvairs. One of these is the Economy Run, a race for the best fuel mileage. Following an on-street course, drivers endeavor to get the best possible fuel mileage under actual road conditions. It is a test of both the vehicle and driver, encouraging safe and economical driving skill, and a fun opportunity for both seasoned and novice Corvair drivers. Starting the run with full fuel tank, the vehicle is driven a known distance over public roads and then the volume of gas needed to refill the tank is measured. The goal is to achieve the highest MPG within a vehicle category. What Fun!!

Want to know more? CORSA is happy to announce the availability of a new rulebook and operating procedure for economy runs at the national convention and regional CORSA events. Copies of documents are available in electronic form on the CORSA website. From the Corsa Home page , click on “Documents” and then click on “Event Rules and Procs”. There you will find all of CORSA’s rules for conducting and administering convention events.

The 2018 CORSA convention in Pittsburgh, July 23 – 28, is hosted by the Western Pennsylvania Corvair Club. Visit the WPCC Convention web page for hotel reservations, event scheduling and other convention information. Anyone can attend the Convention and register at the host hotel. Beginning in March, CORSA Members can also preregister for events, vender space, the banquet, etc. from the Corsa Convention web page.

Steve
CORSA Social Media Coordinator

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CORSA International Convention Events – Spot-lighting The Economy Run
Posted by: Seth Emerson ()
Date: January 25, 2018 11:57PM

Sounds great, Steve. We already have our hotel reservations. (And airline tickets, flying from California.) You might also mention that non-members can join Corsa in advance, if they wish, instead of waiting to join on site. That is an additional half-year of Communiques, with the low-down on the Convention events. This year will be my 41st Convention. 38th straight! See you there!

Seth Emerson

Check my new Performance Corvair Web site [www.perfvair.com]

Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: January 28, 2018 06:00PM

Econo run is a blast- I've done it in a couple different Corvairs, AND a water pumper (2nd in Waterpumper, but the winner had a Prius- cheater)

Eric P
DeWitt, IA

Posted by: KILLERCORVAIR ()
Date: January 30, 2018 03:20PM

Registration will start April,3. It is later than usual cause the convention is later than previous ones (Last week in July)
Thanks
Jim Weppelman

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 30, 2018 04:45PM

Don't forget to unhook your secondary carbs and accelerator pumps and pump your tires up to 70lbs.! smileys with beer

Dan
Chandler, AZ
1966 Corsa Turbo Convertible
[corvaircenter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2018 04:46PM by Dan.

Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: January 31, 2018 08:13AM

Dan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't forget to unhook your secondary carbs and
> accelerator pumps and pump your tires up to
> 70lbs.! smileys with beer

Or like me the last time - fill the car with 4 people, and start with less than a full tank of gas! I as a cole competitor too....140 PG Car...didn't do great in the Econo Run.

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: April 15, 2018 08:09PM

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: Brizo ()
Date: April 16, 2018 04:49PM

I wish there were some way to prevent contestants from using all the impractical driving and mechanical tricks to rack up gas mileage. But even if "real world" operation were a requirement, I'm sure some guys would go to great lengths to cheat. I just don't see much to be proud of if the only way you can get an award for good fuel mileage is to coast at 10mph with your hazard flashers on and 20 cars backed up behind you.

Dan Brizendine,
'64 8door Greenbrier 140 PG. "In beautiful Wanamaker Indiana...with one stop light and 5 pizza shops"

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: April 16, 2018 04:58PM

Isn't that why they combined the Rally and Econo-Runa few years ago? At least at one convention?

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.