Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
SOLD!!: ( 63 Monza Convert -- Lots of parts
Posted by: cwdaveroch ()
Date: January 17, 2018 11:38AM

I live in Rochester, MN, and I've been working on this Corvair for about 14 years and it has brought me much joy. Many, many of you have helped me get through different phases, and I thank you. But health reasons have made me decide to sell everything even though it isn't finished.

Right now it's listed on eBay as a total package:

[www.ebay.com]

If it doesn't sell, I may decide to sell parts separately. Please message me and make an offer if there is something that interests you. Some of the highlights:

Clarks fuel injection kit - new in box
Rebuild PG and torque converter from Clarks
Reconditioned cylinders and rods, new pistons, rings, and complete gasket/seal kit from Corvair underground.
Shop serviced heads with new valves, springs, seals with new lifters and rocker arms.
Rear bearings installed on axles (from Clarks)
Complete weatherstripping kit including fuzzies!!!
New tires
New brake kits, u-joints, electronic fuel pump, gas tank, fuel lines and too much more to list.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2018 04:48PM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Selling the project car sad smiley 63 Monza Convert -- Lots of parts
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: January 17, 2018 11:53AM

So sorry to hear of "health problems" I'd rather win the lottery!

14 years! I remember when you started on the frontend and moved back, finally working on the engine this year...

Good luck on the sale and here's hoping you get enough to get a nice driver...what I did....

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: January 17, 2018 12:17PM

I am hoping you are able to feel healthy and go back to finishing this project.
I see your E B ad states it is a 66? I also read where you don't have a title. Some buyers will be turned off by this fact. You may want to get a clear title before looking for a buyer. Some states are very difficult getting clear title. Difficult also means expensive (but every state is different). Just suggestions from a guy in a difficult state here.

Posted by: MonzaJPD61 ()
Date: January 17, 2018 03:55PM

I too hate to hear of your health issues, and that they keep you from enjoying your hobby, that must be a tough realization.

The photos in your eBay ad seem to show a '63 convertible rather than the '66 indicated in the eBay ad title...perhaps just a typo to address.

I do understand that you may not have a title, but instead perhaps have a Bill of Sale. In many states, that's a possibility, such as the case in AL, where I live. Perhaps your state department of motor vehicles can be of assistance with your situation.

Wishing you all the best.

Posted by: moomba32 ()
Date: January 17, 2018 04:41PM

So sad to see the dream not realized. I would suggest selling the car and selling the parts separately, no one ever wants to pay decent money for an unfinished project but you could probably recoup 60-70 cents on the dollar for the unused new parts. I wish you luck with the sale, sorry that I'm not in the market.

Don Marlowe
66 Monza 2Dr 140/pg
64 Spyder convertible now, 110/pg
Eutawville SC

Posted by: rowin4 ()
Date: January 17, 2018 05:14PM

It's to bad after all those years you haven't tried to get a clear title for your car. Basically in some states you can't even take a car body to the scrap yard without a title. That really devalues your car to less than scrap. So, what is the problem with not getting title?

Date: January 17, 2018 06:39PM

Many have responded and asked about a title. The car was in an old leaky barn buried in 4" of mud and was one of several cars on this guys farm. I basically just picked up the car and a trunk full of parts. I've always looked at it more of a fun project than I have of driving it, so I just never bothered with a title.

Tomorrow I'll go down to the MN DOT and see if MN is an easy state or a difficult state.

Also thanks to those who saw my error in the EBay ad. I drove a '66 Monza convertible in high school, so I guess that's where my heart still is. smiling smiley

Date: January 17, 2018 06:42PM

Here's a link to a Google folder with pictures from the project and of some of the parts.

[drive.google.com]

Date: January 17, 2018 06:45PM

If I could get 60 cents on the dollar for the parts I'd make twice as much selling the parts and giving away the body. I just didn't want to go through selling everything separately. Kind of like pulling off a band-aid. Better to do it all at once. I'll give it a week on ebay and if it doesn't sell I'll probably start listing parts separately.

Thanks for your advice.

Posted by: Johnniespeed ()
Date: January 17, 2018 06:53PM

Sorry to hear of your health issues, I know selling this must be a great disappointment. I wish you the best !
It has been my experience that selling a car with a clean title in my name is so much easier than selling a car without a title. People naturally assume a missing title means the car is stolen, or the possibility exists that a title cannot be obtained. I do strongly suggest to obtain a title to make the sale much easier, and make the transfer to the new owner much easier.

John

1962 Rampside, 4.3 Vortec powered.
The thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Sparta Michigan.

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: January 18, 2018 04:35AM

You might try some of the Craigslists too, a better tool for finding someone local. You are fairly close to Twin Cites, Des Moines, Dubuque, Quad Cites and Madison. It will probably take someone in the region to come with a trailer. Is it a roller?
Many folks like me have quit casually searching Ebay, there's just too much there. I only visit now when I need something specific.
How recent is the Clarks fuel injection? I wonder if the kits have been evolving? It may behoove you to sell that large ticket item seperately.
I think Minnesota is one of the more difficult states to get a title. There's a bonding process that I've never gone through, perhaps it's not too bad, I just don't know.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Posted by: bbakerga ()
Date: January 18, 2018 09:27AM

PM sent

Date: January 18, 2018 10:17AM

I went to the MN License office today and found that MN is a fairly simple state to get a title, at least for something this old. I brought my e-bay receipt and all the receipts from Clarks and recycle yards, pictures both original and recent, and they said that should be good.

Unfortunately there's a waiting time for paperwork, but looks like I won't have to go through any bonding or other hoops. I think I'll go ahead and apply for the title and if someone wants the whole thing now we'll have to work out a deal to either wait or for me to send the title when it arrives.

Posted by: DAVECS1 ()
Date: January 18, 2018 12:58PM

I would not mind checking out that shell, my ride is going back to nature. The front end may be usefull too.

1964 Monza Convertible
110 4 speed
Peoria, IL

Posted by: Mel ()
Date: January 18, 2018 01:27PM

Nice packagethumbs up, good luck with the salesmiling smiley.

Orangeville, Ontario. CANADA

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: January 20, 2018 06:40AM

Good news on the title. I've found differences in Minnesota between Deputy Registrars and how finicky they choose to be, sounds like you have a good one.
The state has been slow mailing out Titles, 2 months or more. It seems like they're trying to slow down speculators who are not Dealers but I could be overly suspicious.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Date: January 20, 2018 04:46PM

Everyone, thank you for your great advice and well wishes. Someone has contacted me and will purchase the entire project.

Re: SOLD!!: ( 63 Monza Convert -- Lots of parts
Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: January 20, 2018 04:52PM

thumbs upthumbs up

-----------------------------------------------
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
'66 Monza Coupe - 4spd, 140 Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - PG, 140 Daily driver beater

Posted by: SoloCP ()
Date: January 20, 2018 05:52PM

hot smiley hot smiley

Don
AKA (Polyvairist)
Kansas City
HACOA
Broken Halo Corvair Garage.
61 Lakewood
62 Monza aka (Flicka)
62 Rampside
63 700 Sedan 3 Speed
64 Spyder Coupe (Bill Pierson Car)
64 Monza Convertible,140/4 Speed,Electric Heat,Kelsey Hayes Wheels
64 Spyder Blown, (Dave Bolduc Car)
65 Corsa 3.1 Liter Triple Weber (aka Unsafe)
66 Corvair V8 SuperVair (Created by Archibald Evans)
66 Avenger, Corvair Turbo, Fuel Injected, Air to Water intercool 140. (Michael Mann Car)
67 Monza 110 Auto. Sugar Bear

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: January 20, 2018 06:10PM

Good for you cw. Now we hope you are to get your health back as fast as you were able to sell this car.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.