home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Installing LED turn, stop, running bulbs
Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: January 15, 2018 08:42AM

The CORSA West club published an article on installing LED bulbs with three procedures ranging from easy, to requiring minor wiring changes.

I've tried all three now (different cars) and they all work. Other procedures out there that work, but usually require load resistors that consume as much power as the old incandescent bulbs. The procedures listed result in minimal power consumption that I liked.

1. Install rear only LEDs and just change the flasher to plug-in relay type - easy.

2. Install rear and front LEDs, but leave dash indicator lamps incandescent and just install new flasher in stock socket and add a ground wire.

3. Install rear, front, dash indicator LED's. Flasher with ground wire, install 1.1K ohm 1/4Watt (inexpensive) low power load resistors.

NOTE the flashers used make an indicator sound (some do not).

See - [www.corvairforum.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 08:45AM by 66vairman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installing LED turn, stop, running bulbs
Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: January 16, 2018 08:49AM

Someone suggested I add the following:

With either LED's, or incandescent bulbs, the brightness will improve by: removing and cleaning the lens, painting the housings hi-temp white, adding ground wires to the sockets.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.