Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Anyone heard of the vinyl dressing called "303"? Also good for convertible tops??
Posted by: rnch ()
Date: January 15, 2018 05:33AM

Now that I have the white interior (ANOTHER car with white interior! Ah GOTSA be an automotive masochist!) and convertible top of Skyler the Drop Top Airvair clean enough for me; I am looking for some product to preserve and protect.

On another website the members were all touting a non-silicone, marine product called "303".

Anyone heard or it or used it?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 05:35AM by rnch.

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone heard of the vinyl dressing called "303"? Also good for convertible tops??
Posted by: rnch ()
Date: January 15, 2018 05:55AM

I'm also considering "freshening up" the rear seat quarter panels with some white spray dye.

Any recommendations of which brand to use and tips/advice for usage?

(It's 32 degrees out dere as I peck this out, doing some "armchair planning" today.)

smiling bouncing smiley

Re: Anyone heard of the vinyl dressing called "303"? Also good for convertible tops??
Posted by: 65CrownV8 ()
Date: January 15, 2018 06:19AM

I have been using 303 protectant for years on my kayaks. No experience on vinyl tops, but if their marketing says it works on it, I wouldn't hesitate using it. What makes it worthwhile for me is that it is the best UV inhibitor I've found.

George Jones - East Orlando, FL
'65 Monza V8 Convertible - 355/4-spd Posi - TT015
'66 Monza Coupe - 95/PG
'67 Monza Coupe 140/4-spd/Posi, A/C
COrvaiR Society of America (CORSA), Central Florida Corvair Club, Tidewater Corvair Club, V8 Registry

Posted by: jjohnsonjo ()
Date: January 15, 2018 06:42AM

I use 303 on my inflatable boat and lots of other things. It is recommended by lots of manufacturers. Its good stuff. As for vinyl paint I have used SEM and its good stuff, follow direction.

J.O.

65 Corsa Turbo Vert
79 Honda XL 500S
69 Honda CL 160 D
2010 BMW F 650 GS
2003 Bounder 36D
2013 KIA Optima SX turbo-AKA ZIPPY (wife,s car)
69 Newport Holiday Sailboat
Baja 150 dune buggy cart
Coleman HS 500 UTV
2016 KIA Sorento SXL Turbo

Bethlehem,Pa

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posted by: Vin ()
Date: January 15, 2018 07:44AM

I use 303 myself for both the interior vinyl and convertible top vinyl of my 65 monza. It does a great job of making the material soft and newer looking. I also use it on all the rubber door and window seals and it makes them softer. I used a convertible top cleaner first when I first got the car then I wanted something to keep it nice and to provide UV protection and came across 303. I put it on my top twice a year. One note though, after you put it on don't put a car cover over it right away. Let it sit for a couple of days before throwing a cover or blanket over it. I put my blanket cover over it once right away then when I took it off later there was some streaking of sorts I think because the blanket absorbed some of the 303 in spots. I just resprayed and rubbed it in no big deal.

Vin
Dayton, OH
1965 Corvair Monza Convertible (4 speed)

Posted by: Junkle ()
Date: January 15, 2018 07:51AM

I like 303 for the vinyl.

I use Ragg Topp cleaner and protectant for my convertible top and I like the non-shiny finish it gives. It also seems to bring the black back a little after it is treated. Been using it for about 4 years with good results.

J.

Posted by: toms73novass ()
Date: January 15, 2018 10:54AM

I use 303 on my tires and never get any sidewall cracking. Good stuff to block UV.

-Tom

63' Monza Spyder Convertable (in process) MY Build Thread
65' Monza MY Build Thread
73' NovaSS 454 Big block
86' BMW 325es
98' Dodge 2500 12v Cummins Diesel with 1200 lb torque!
98' VW Jetta TDI, for daughter
01' Audi Allroad Stage 3 twin turbo

NFCC
Grand Island, NY

Posted by: Seth Emerson ()
Date: January 15, 2018 11:25AM

I have used it on my Avalanche cladding. It looks okay, but doesn't last too long. Note, this is plastic, not rubber.

Seth Emerson

Check my new Performance Corvair Web site [www.perfvair.com]

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: January 15, 2018 01:40PM

Several of the Chrysler/Plymouth Prowler owners I know SWEAR by this product and use it on their convertible tops (which are not inexpensive to replace).

I have a couple of sample bottles of the stuff that I was planning on using on my Prowler top but have not gotten around to it just yet. Yes I am a Procrastinator.

Whatever you do, Do NOT use an alcohol based "Protectant" like Armor All on a Convertible Top. It WILL do more harm than good. I learned through someone else's mistake when they used it on their convertible top. It looked great right up until it didn't.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 01:44PM by Caraholic4life.

Posted by: Seth Emerson ()
Date: January 15, 2018 02:29PM

I have offered to put 303 on the contact faces of my competitors race tires at the Autocross track. I told them that the tires would last longer on track. At least it would seem longer. They said no.

Seth Emerson

Check my new Performance Corvair Web site [www.perfvair.com]

Posted by: BILLG ()
Date: January 15, 2018 04:47PM

THIS IS A GREAT PRODUCT, ESPECIALLY ON ANY BOAT SURFACE EXPOSED TO THE ELEMENTS. USED IT FOR YEARS!

Posted by: Vin ()
Date: January 15, 2018 07:22PM

Seth, that is so generous of you looking out for your competitors like that, ha!! smiling smiley

Vin
Dayton, OH
1965 Corvair Monza Convertible (4 speed)

Posted by: bobg1951chevy ()
Date: January 15, 2018 09:18PM

Didn't I see the car guys cleaning the painted surfaces of cars with 303, at the most Mecum auction ?

Bob G., Hendersonville, NC

1951 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door sedan. Purchased in 2000.

1969 Corvair 500 Coupe. # 2671. Purchased in 2017.

Posted by: 19sixty5 ()
Date: January 18, 2018 07:35PM

303 is the bomb! Been using it for years for all soft parts, boat parts, hot tub cover, even my fiberglass "wood" look exterior doors on my home. The only thing it didn't work well on was the hard plastic trim on my Silverado... mirrors, step bumper, etc. Seth also mentioned this about his Avalanche in a previous post.
303 is the real deal!

65 Crown Coupe
65 GTO 4 speed Tri-Power Convert
67 Cutlass Supreme LS3/4L85e Convert
1970 El Camino SS 396 TH400
2006 GTO
2014 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Limited

Huntsville, AL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.