Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Corvair Parts Auction in NJ February 17 REPORTS!!
Posted by: WhenIm64 ()
Date: January 11, 2018 04:07PM

The annual Corvair Parts Auction, conducted by the New Jersey Association of Corvair Enthusiasts, will take place on Saturday, February 17, indoors at Ashley's Auto Body on Hillside Avenue in Flanders, NJ. (We'll use the following Saturday, February 24, as a "snow date" if necessary.)

Free lunch! Read on.

At the auction our shameless auctioneers offer Corvair parts and Corvair-related items to the highest bidder, with a 10% commission of the sale price going to the club treasury. You may bring parts to sell, you may buy, or you may do both, or you may just come to enjoy the fun. Here is what you need to know to fully enjoy the day:

First, plan on making a day of it. Due to the nature of how the auction operates, it is not possible to process any buyers or sellers until the auction is completed. Doors open at 9:00 AM for set-up, we begin the bidding at 10:30 AM, take a pizza break at 12:30, resume the bidding at 1:00 PM, and finish up typically around 2:30 PM. Only at that time can we tally the sales, collect from the buyers, and pay the sellers.

Second, plan on getting there early. As we said we'll open the doors at 9:00 AM, to allow time to tag and display any parts you are selling, and to allow you to peruse the parts being offered. If you're selling, you will need to fill out an Auction Lot Card for each part or group of parts being sold as one, so please allow sufficient time to do this before the start of bidding.

The Auction Lot Card form is available on the NJACE website so you can print what you need and fill them out in advance:

[www.corvair.org]

But you can also get blank lot cards that day.

Each attendee will be issued a Bidder Number by which the auction desk will track all purchases.

We ask that items being offered be limited to Corvair parts or Corvair-related items, only. Also, we ask that you not bring more than one of the same item to sell. You can, however, sell multiple items in a "lot." You could offer, say, one lot of six oil filters, instead of six individual oil filters.

Remember that only quality items sell easily. Greasy, rusty, bent and broken pieces have limited appeal.

The club will deduct a 10% commission on all sales. You may also donate items for the full benefit of the club.

Did we mention that lunch is included at no charge?

Now, what about that "Snow Date?" We will invoke the Snow Date only if the weather makes traveling difficult or if accumulated snow has rendered the Ashley's parking lot inaccessible. Generally speaking, you can assume that the event is "on," but if it is necessary to postpone we will get the word out via email, Facebook, and the club web site.

Ashley's Auto Body is located at 274 Hillside Avenue, Flanders, NJ 07836.

See you there, and bring a chair!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2018 09:14AM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Corvair Parts Auction in NJ February 17
Posted by: grubin ()
Date: January 11, 2018 04:29PM

A great day. I’ll be there again bringing FC / Rampside Parts They are a first class club and a first class day

Re: Corvair Parts Auction in NJ February 17
Posted by: jasvair ()
Date: January 12, 2018 05:27PM

I will also be there with a wide array of Corvair parts including new and used parts. If you want to have an enjoyable day put this on your calendar.
John Sweet

Re: Corvair Parts Auction in NJ February 17 NEXT SATURDAY!!!
Date: February 13, 2018 06:25AM

Make that THIS Saturday, February 17.

Weather forecast looks good, a little rain on Friday but no precipitation of any sort predicted for Saturday.

There is NO CHARGE to attend, and the event includes FREE LUNCH!

See details above. Right now I am heading to my storage unit to pick out a few used and NOS parts for the auction.

--Bob

WhyImWhenIm64

Re: Corvair Parts Auction in NJ February 17 THIS SATURDAY!!!
Posted by: allmotor1 ()
Date: February 14, 2018 05:37AM

Looking forward to it. New Corvair owner looking for neat 63 coupe stuff.

Date: February 15, 2018 07:35AM

Weather update: The professional weather guessers have now added some precipitation for late Saturday. Probably rain, could be some snow, but not enough to impact this event. It's a go!

WhyImWhenIm64

Posted by: allmotor1 ()
Date: February 15, 2018 09:20AM

May be a difficult ride for me.

Attachments:
Date: February 18, 2018 09:03AM

The auction was certainly a success, with one of the largest turnouts of people we have seen in recent years (more than 45 bidders) and, perhaps tellingly, absolutely the largest turnout of parts we have ever seen.

So many parts that we went with FOUR auctioneers in rapid rotation, and we still did not get to every part in more than 3-1/2 hours of fast talking and ruthless proclamations of "SOLD!"

The surplus of sellers over buyers meant that some real steals were to be had. Plenty of items selling for as little as ten percent of their price in the Big Massachusetts Corvair Parts Catalog.

Also, some genuine hen's-tooth parts were there, the most unusual of which was an original mounting bracket for the 1966-only rear power antenna motor.

"Box lots" (boxes filled with random assortments of parts and sold as one lot) were popular and drew strong bids, as did odd lots of tools and miscellaneous cra-- I mean, parts.

We ordered 16 pizzas for lunch and it was too few.

The weather held up nicely; snow was in the late-day forecast but it did not begin to fall until after everyone was long gone.

Looks like we'll do it again next year!

WhyImWhenIm64

Re: Corvair Parts Auction in NJ February 17 REPORTS!!
Posted by: blackspyder ()
Date: February 18, 2018 10:43AM

And I had to work, oh well, there is always next year.

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: February 18, 2018 06:36PM

I would have turned out but darn it that commute.

Eric C. Player
Porterville, CA
- National Member, CORSA
- Member: Central Coast CORSA
- Former Member: Vintage CORSA Orange County & South Coast CORSA Los Angeles California Chapters. Member, ISA (Int. Screenwriter's Assn.), SAG Eligible, and Producer's Guild Aspirant

* Then: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red/1965 Monza 110 Purple/
1967 Monza 140 Red/1966 500 110 Black/1965 Monza 110 Yellow
* Now: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo Project. Blue, Blue/Beige interior.

"Chevrolet's Corvair was a maverick machine, a rear-engined renegade born out of spite and genius." -- Sports Car Graphic, August 1969

Posted by: David Malcolm ()
Date: February 19, 2018 06:30AM

Not only a chance to score some needed parts cheaply but a fun day. My wife really enjoys the day. Thanks to all who make this event happen each year.

David Malcolm
1969 Monza PG Coupe
NJ near the Meadowlands

Posted by: Allan Lacki ()
Date: February 19, 2018 07:16AM

I always have a great time at the Annual NJACE Parts Auction!

Thanks for letting Bryan Blackwell and me have a few minutes to put in a plug for the Corvair Society of America in front of the bidders!

Allan Lacki
CORSA Eastern Division Directorsmiling bouncing smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.