Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
EM Clocks
Posted by: junkman ()
Date: January 07, 2018 09:01AM

I remember a long time ago, when I was going to Corvair national meets, that I was told by a Corvair "expert" that the clock in my car was wrong, since it had a second hand. I explained that the clock came off of a dealerships shelf, and that it and a couple others that I got at the same time also had the second hand on them. Was told with no uncertainty, that it was wrong. Today, while looking at eBay, I have found another. I just can't believe that at some point in the production that the clock manufacturer didn't add the second hands. It isn't something that you can just find in another car, and add to your clock. Others opinions wanted.

[www.ebay.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2018 09:07AM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EM Clocks
Posted by: Pedigo ()
Date: January 07, 2018 09:58AM

My opinion is that I'm currently the high bidder on that clock (even though I have two others) because I've not seen a second hand on any I've owned and thought it was neat.

Undocumented 2nd design maybe?confused smiley

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: January 07, 2018 10:11AM

Possibly Dealer installed / accessory where one batch [ w/2nd hand ]

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: January 07, 2018 01:44PM

I believe that the manufacturer ran short of the works that were originally used when the Corvair clock was first developed for production, and at that time, they just adapted or substituted another set of works into the case, to make the delivery schedule that GM had specified in the purchase order. I think that these clocks are more of an oddity rather than the norm, and that once the original works were back in production, the next batch didn't have the second hand.

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: January 08, 2018 07:28AM

I think you may be right Junk.
Many times more than one supplier was used, for many parts that GM did not manufacture themselves.

Corventure Dave

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: January 08, 2018 03:15PM

It will be interesting to see what this particular clock sells for.

There are a few that aren't selling at higher asking prices.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.