Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Need information about Ted's TBI - Please
Posted by: OttawaCorvairGuy ()
Date: January 05, 2018 06:38AM

Ted and anyone who have installed his TBI.

Two questions I need answered - Please:

1. Does the setup need a return line back to the gas tank?

2. What is the fuel pump pressure and volume requirements, for an in tank FP?

Grin and LOL - For those who are merely nosey and just want to know why I need these answers:
I've designed a gas tank for UV231 Project and it will save me a little money to have a second tank made for our Corvair Ultravan at the same time.

Thank you for your help,

Tony
(Ottawa Area - Canada)

(1) Marie's 1962 Convertible and our 1966 Ultravan #248 (aka Itchy Feet - Long Restoration)
(2) Our 1963 Rampside (Sold 2014) and 1967 Ultravan #256 at Upper Canada Valley car show in 2009.
(UV256 aak Itchy Feet II - corvair power plant came out 2012 - plans with donor for a GM 3.8L FWD conversion, as a gas pusher, in the back of UV256)
(3 & 4) Are some of our 11 Corvair parts cars - to help keep our stuff on the road - hopefully as long as we live. ;-)
(5) Is one of our Wayne 100 boats (Corvair powered)
(6) Nov 14, 2012 Ultravans #362 and #512 arrived. We are getting closer to our goal of having an Ultravan museum.
We now own; UV248, UV256, UV362, UV512, and UV520 will hopefully be here July 2013.
(7) I saved Ultravan #231 from the scarp yard this year. It arrived May 9, 2013 and I plan to flip this one with a mid-engine Subaru power plant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need information about Ted's TBI - Please
Posted by: oldqmguy ()
Date: January 05, 2018 11:10AM

Tony,

According to my copy of Ted's EFI Installation manual you WILL need a Fuel Return Line.

They recommend an AIRTEX E8094 External Fuel Pump which provides 15 to 20 PSI Fuel Pressure.

They also say that an INTERNAL PUMP is required for FC's!

The Internal Pump is a Bosch #69238 with a Filter Sock (#68001).

This manual is downloadable from the EFI website.

I hope this helps! Happy New Year!

Regards,

Dale cool smiley

Dale E. Smiley CPBE
Life Member The Society of Broadcast Engineers
RETIRED Broadcast Engineer
CERTIFIED CORVAIR NUT
CORSA/Circle City Corvairs/Corvair Performance Group
Avon, Indiana
WB9SFF
1967 4-Door Monza PG!

Date: January 05, 2018 12:00PM

Thank you so much Dale. May you have a great 2018..

Tony
(Ottawa Area - Canada)

(1) Marie's 1962 Convertible and our 1966 Ultravan #248 (aka Itchy Feet - Long Restoration)
(2) Our 1963 Rampside (Sold 2014) and 1967 Ultravan #256 at Upper Canada Valley car show in 2009.
(UV256 aak Itchy Feet II - corvair power plant came out 2012 - plans with donor for a GM 3.8L FWD conversion, as a gas pusher, in the back of UV256)
(3 & 4) Are some of our 11 Corvair parts cars - to help keep our stuff on the road - hopefully as long as we live. ;-)
(5) Is one of our Wayne 100 boats (Corvair powered)
(6) Nov 14, 2012 Ultravans #362 and #512 arrived. We are getting closer to our goal of having an Ultravan museum.
We now own; UV248, UV256, UV362, UV512, and UV520 will hopefully be here July 2013.
(7) I saved Ultravan #231 from the scarp yard this year. It arrived May 9, 2013 and I plan to flip this one with a mid-engine Subaru power plant.

Posted by: TedBrown ()
Date: January 07, 2018 08:07PM

Sorry I didn't see this before.

Yes... the fuel pump pressure is a TBI type and requires between 10-14 lbs (which is very low). Pretty much any fuel pump will do as the fuel pressure regulator built into the TBI bleeds off excess pressure.

We recommend an internal pump due to noise. External pumps are easy to change and install (I actually favor them), but are noisy. If you can put it where its not going to drive you crazy...external will work just fine.

A return is required to spend excess (bleed off) fuel back to the tank.

Thanks

Ted
www.corvair-efi.com

Date: January 08, 2018 03:53AM

Thank you Ted. I hope you have a great year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.