home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Rampside Value?
Posted by: vairboy ()
Date: December 24, 2017 01:49PM

Hi, I'm toying with the idea of selling my 62 rampside. I'm in Pennsylvania and the truck is originally from California. I wanted this due to its having no rust but after several years of not getting around to using it, not sure I want to hang on to it longer. It runs and has the 80hp FC engine with 4 speed. Not sure why but dash has auto shifter as well. I think the original owner changed something out along the way. He used to work at GM. Color was Cardinal red. Needs minor brake work (probably just new MC or wheel cyl. Been sitting in my garage. Any ideas of a good asking price? Perfect for someone on east coast.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2017 02:37PM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rampside Value?
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: December 24, 2017 02:37PM

I would say $3500 [ west coast value ]

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: swamprat ()
Date: December 24, 2017 03:21PM

PM sent

Posted by: The Stig ()
Date: December 24, 2017 03:29PM

A running rampside is worth it's weight in gold from a practicality standpoint. As for monetary value if its solid and runs, id say at least 4k.

Posted by: Pedigo ()
Date: December 24, 2017 03:48PM

More pics!

Date: December 24, 2017 03:49PM

Thanks for the replies so far. I was thinking what Matt said 3500 plus a little more since a buyer would not have to pay shipping? I just would not want to give it away knowing I won't get another on east coast with original paint and no rust.

Date: December 24, 2017 04:02PM

"Probably" was a Powerglide but was changed out to a manual, I'd guess.
Is there a transmission cooler installed in the left rear quarter? (They were installed there on factory original Forward Control Corvairs)
Is the shifter on the floor? or does it come out of the seat riser? (Original 1962 would have the "mystery shifter" coming out of the riser - mid-1963 and on had them installed on the floor with the shifter tube going thru a tunnel hole in the gas tank)

Let's see some more photos! How's the interior?

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 140 Corsa ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 'Vert Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza 'Vert (SOLD) ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Evening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Date: December 24, 2017 06:37PM

I'll have to take a look to see if a cooler is there. I can't remember. I do know that the shifter comes out from under the seat. I'll see if I can get a couple more pics up in the next day or two.

Date: December 24, 2017 06:55PM

Few More Pics:

Posted by: WhenIm64 ()
Date: December 24, 2017 07:29PM

PM sent too.

WhyImWhenIm64

Posted by: SkidRo ()
Date: December 25, 2017 02:30PM

PM Sent also! smiling smiley

Rory
66 Corsa
Silver Spring, MD

Posted by: john.jackson ()
Date: December 25, 2017 03:06PM

Just a quick note:. The Calif DMV may want a number of years of back fees plus penalties if the truck was not non opted properly. May require those fees before releasing the title.

Date: December 25, 2017 03:50PM

Title has already cleared and is in my name as a Pennsylvania title.

Posted by: Pedigo ()
Date: December 25, 2017 04:25PM

I have an opinion as to value. Unfortunately, PM's have been sent and it would be irresponsible for me to inject at this time.
Good luck to both the buyer and seller. It needs a new owner to take it to the next level.
Nice Rampside for what it is.

Posted by: irfgt ()
Date: December 26, 2017 04:11PM

If that truck runs ok and the trans and differential are ok then I believe $7000.00 would not be too much to ask. Ramps are hot now and old pricing is just that... old.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.