home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Another Project Vair darkens my Garage Door
Posted by: Caveman_1960 ()
Date: December 22, 2017 11:57AM

While I seem to have an affinity for the 1960 model year Corvair, I do appreciate all others as well. Even the late models! So here is another project that will sit until warmer weather here in lovely Michigan. It is a 1966 Monza coupe that originally had a 95 HP engine and a four speed trans. Somebody was planning a conversion to a turbo Corsa, but the project faltered and now it is up to me. The dash is Corsa. The dead 95 is junk. Included in the deal was a correct "RL" 180 turbo block, "709" turbo and an adapter to run a Rochester 2GC 2 bbl carb. Quick steering arms and a steering stabilizer are installed. The body is mostly clean and solid. The floors aren't terrible. For a Michigan car...

Plans are to clean it up and install a 140 engine that I picked up from another buddy. Once it starts and stops it may look for a new owner to finish up the process. Time will tell.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another Project Vair darkens my Garage Door
Posted by: RobertC ()
Date: December 22, 2017 02:15PM

Interesting that you call it a Monza.

I see the three holes for the Corsa script below the gas tank filler.

Looks like body work may have covered the holes for the Corsa "C".

What do the tags say?

Posted by: Caveman_1960 ()
Date: December 22, 2017 04:45PM

Car was built as a Monza at the Willow Run Assembly Plant. As stated, looks like somebody wanted to turn it into a Corsa. There are holes in the front fenders for the Corsa emblems. No such modifications to the rear quarters for the Corsa "C" emblems. Body tag and VIN say Monza.

Posted by: vairygood ()
Date: December 22, 2017 04:51PM

Looks to be a solid fun project.Good luck.

Buster Tindel
Gulfport Mississippi
63 vert
65 Corsa 140 4 speed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.