Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Thermistor open circuit
Date: December 18, 2017 02:31PM

I pulled the thermistor on my 1965 140 and find that the resistance between the base and the threaded terminal is infinite, i.e. an open circuit. Is there ANYTHING I can do to this thermistor to make it functional?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thermistor open circuit
Posted by: antkoto ()
Date: December 18, 2017 02:44PM

PM sent.

Re: Thermistor open circuit
Date: December 18, 2017 03:33PM

Ignore my previous post. I checked my thermistor on the 2000 ohm scale, assuming that's what Moto Dave meant on his thermistor video when he said he used the "2000K scale" on his ohmmeter. When I used the 2000 ohm scale, the reading was off scale, so the ohmmeter read 1. After finding the graph of resistance versus temperature for the Corvair thermistor, I could see that at room temperature, the resistance would be well above 2000 ohms. I retested my thermistor on the 20K (20,000)ohm scale and found that the room temperature reading now agreed with Moto Dave's. I heated my thermistor in my oven and found that its resistance closely followed the graph I found for the Corvair thermistor. My thermistor is working properly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.