home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Datebase of Corvair Junk Yards
Posted by: alpha1906 ()
Date: December 16, 2017 02:35PM

I did a search for a database of Corvair junk yards, but I didn't see anything. I was wondering if there'd ever been a dedicated thread. What sparked this was watching unsafe's video of Corvair junk yards on YouTube. Excuse me if I missed a previous thread that did this, but I thought it would be a good idea.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Datebase of Corvair Junk Yards
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: December 16, 2017 02:47PM

Not to my knowledge...

There are only two ACTIVE / Storefront places with a field of dreams..

Corvair Ranch in Gettysburg, Pa. and Corvair Corral outside of Phoenix, AZ.

Jeff at Cal. Corvairs does have used parts...how much today I do not know...hopefully he'll post..

DaveMoto has a "ranch" and a "lineshack" surrounded with cars and parts...

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: December 16, 2017 04:09PM

Pretty much anyone with a passion for Corvairs and a bit of space is going to be hooked!

I'm purveyor of the "Corvair Ranchette!"

They keep following me home.....

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 140 Corsa ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 'Vert Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza 'Vert (SOLD) ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Evening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Posted by: alpha1906 ()
Date: December 16, 2017 05:15PM

Being in California, I'd love to spend a day just wandering around the Corvair Corral

Posted by: whubbell ()
Date: December 18, 2017 08:27PM

I have visited a number of "private" junkyards over the years but not sure if any of them are still around, and without having the owner's permission, I would be reluctant to name them.

Bill Hubbell,
President, Stock Corvair Group

Posted by: moomba32 ()
Date: December 19, 2017 02:04AM

I think there are a lot of people that have say more than 20 parts cars but really aren't a junkyard because they aren't actively selling parts. It would be nice to have a list of those that are willing to sell some of their parts when others nearby have a need. My guess is that over the next 10-20 years these collections will be going to scrap yards as the owners pass on and their heirs cleanup.

Don Marlowe
66 Monza 2Dr 140/pg
64 Spyder convertible now, 110/pg
Eutawville SC

Posted by: ccpinc ()
Date: December 19, 2017 10:11AM

You can add California Corvairs to the list of "junkyard" but ours is primarily an indoor junkyard.

Our first location in the city of Los Angeles used to have 40+ Corvairs in the yard.

When we moved to Corona in 2001 it increased our yard size by 5 times but was largely outdoors (Corvair Wild did a YouTube of that yard)

Around 2007 we moved to a large modern facility but unfortunately since we are in city limits having a sprawling yard full of junk cars isn't possible.

That meant most everything must be stored inside with only cut body sections and some suspension parts staying outside.

We receive an average of two 2-3 Corvairs a month which we must part-out since we can't store them.

Our motto here regarding used parts is "a place for everything and everything in its place".

I found purchasing used produce bins form the central valley is very helpful in organizing used parts making identification and retrieval efficient.

Currently we have a 1500 sq. ft. gated yard and 10,000 sq. feet of indoor warehouse full of sorted, good quality used parts.

Our parts department in the front section of the building houses our well stocked new & rebuilt parts store.

Our webstore at CaliforniaCorvairParts.com has thousands of Corvair parts available online as well as some of our used items too.

Thank you,

Jeff Williams
[imgur.com]

[www.californiacorvairparts.com]

CALIFORNIA CORVAIR PARTS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2017 10:14AM by ccpinc.

Posted by: Mel ()
Date: December 19, 2017 10:30AM

Corvair's can be found in any wrecking yard, do some leg work ,,get on the phone and call.I doubt your going to find many because the yard owners soon clue in that they are not worth keeping around.

Orangeville, Ontario. CANADA

Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: December 19, 2017 10:30AM

Bill, quit talking about where some of my cars are stored!grinning smiley

Yes, I am always willing to sell stuff to help fellow club members (and prospective club memberswinking smiley) Such as I recently sold a 64 PG differential to corvairpaddock here on the forum.

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: December 20, 2017 04:12AM

I've got some stuff.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Attachments:
Date: December 20, 2017 04:14AM

And some more stuff...
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Attachments:
Posted by: Pedigo ()
Date: December 20, 2017 05:35AM

JimBrandberg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've got some stuff.
> Jim Brandberg
> Isanti, MN
> CorvairRepair.com

I always wondered who's Craigslist ad that was.
Tell us about your FC's in the pic.
An 8-door Corvan and what is the Red one?

Posted by: geezer43 ()
Date: December 20, 2017 07:41AM

Hey:

I resent my favorite parts place being called a "junkyard." Arizona Corvair Corral in Apache Junction has lots of parts lovingly cared for and available from John Seaman. Ok, so maybe a few have spots of rust and a little dirt but I have always been well treated there.

Jim Johnson, Chandler, Arizona
Cactus Corvair Club

Date: December 21, 2017 04:22AM

Regarding the FCs:
I have an 8-door Van I intend to fix and use for mobile repairs one of these days real soon.
The other red one is a 61 Greenbrier too rusty to use. I also have a 64 blue Greenbrier which is even worse.
They make pretty good sheds. I have a Lakewood for storing chrome trim and such.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.