home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
NEW interior color!! Anyone know whose car is this? I like the car seat color.
Posted by: rottentothecore ()
Date: December 05, 2017 01:13PM

Anyone know whose car is this? I like the car seat color.

What car seat color is it?

Is it a clark's color?

Or is it a custom color?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2017 01:15PM by rottentothecore.

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone know whose car is this? I like the car seat color. What interior color is it?
Posted by: aircooled6 ()
Date: December 05, 2017 01:15PM

Looks like 64 interior, which would be "Saddle". I had one with that color vinyl, I liked it a lot. Not sure about the carpet color, though.

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX
(Now, South of 820!!)
64 Greenbrier 110 with 95 heads/PG

Re: Anyone know whose car is this? I like the car seat color. What interior color is it?
Posted by: rottentothecore ()
Date: December 05, 2017 01:17PM

Everett,

Is your saddle a clark's color? Can you post some pics of your saddle interior? I have clark's HA sample. It looks nothing like my attached image.

Re: NEW interior color!! Anyone know whose car is this? I like the car seat color.
Posted by: jjohnsonjo ()
Date: December 05, 2017 01:55PM

My 65 is saddle, that is not saddle. Either the color is off on the camera or it was painted with vinyl paint IMHO

J.O.

65 Corsa Turbo Vert
79 Honda XL 500S
69 Honda CL 160 D
2010 BMW F 650 GS
2003 Bounder 36D
2013 KIA Optima SX turbo-AKA ZIPPY (wife,s car)
69 Newport Holiday Sailboat
Baja 150 dune buggy cart
Coleman HS 500 UTV
2016 KIA Sorento SXL Turbo

Bethlehem,Pa

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: NEW interior color!! Anyone know whose car is this? I like the car seat color.
Date: December 05, 2017 02:24PM

It's a Saddle interior, but the front seats have been recovered in an incorrect color.
The door panels and the rear seat are the correct darker "reddish" shade which is the correct Saddle interior.

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 140 Corsa ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 'Vert Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza 'Vert (SOLD) ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Evening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: December 05, 2017 02:55PM

That is the same color as my '64 Spyder. The front seats are off but the dash pad, door panels, carpet and rear seats match mine.

Posted by: red monza ()
Date: December 05, 2017 04:17PM

I took this photo at the Maggie Valley car show...I used my cheap pocket Nikon. The color SADDLE is on there and the actual color will be real close as I color balanced the photo to the white backgound.

I will be more than likely doing the interior in my new 64 yellow conv in that color....my advice...call clarks and get them to send you a sample of that color if you are going to use that and ask for carpet sample also that goes with it. Keep in mind, the sample they send you will be close to the sample but the interior sent may not be exact to the sample...pretty much impossible to match exactly...I used to have in my PHOTO contracts, colors are matched to skin tones and other colors may shift.

Attachments:
Posted by: bobg1951chevy ()
Date: December 05, 2017 04:23PM

jjohnsonjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My 65 is saddle, that is not saddle. Either the
> color is off on the camera or it was painted with
> vinyl paint IMHO

I think that green exterior and saddle interior is the best combo ever put together by Chevy.smileys with beer

Bob G., Hendersonville, NC

1951 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door sedan. Purchased in 2000.
1951 Chevy Styleline Deluxe Sport Coupe. Purchased in 2014.
1969 Corvair 500 Coupe. # 2671. Purchased in 2017.

Posted by: red monza ()
Date: December 05, 2017 04:55PM

Agree Bob...Jimmy in Asheville

That is a European color combo....a lot of big Healeys, jags had that combo.

Not a fan of Black cars....but a 64 black conv with that saddle would be a nice color to look at....but not personally own.

I thought about putting some kind of tan in my Tropic Turquoise corvair...someone had sprayed my Aqua interior black....way to hot in the summer...but the car turns a blue color in the sun...vs greenish most of the time.

Posted by: vairygood ()
Date: December 05, 2017 05:13PM

I plan on tan interior with the emerald green paint on my '65.Samples are in the mail to me as of today.

Buster Tindel
Gulfport Mississippi
63 vert
65 Corsa 140 4 speed

Posted by: cnicol ()
Date: December 05, 2017 05:18PM

I have a set of Corvair NOS twin front mats in Saddle if anyone is interested. $125 shipped. PM if interested.

forsale

Craig N. Coeur d'Alene ID.
66 Black Monza 4dr, 4.2L V8 49k
61 Seamist Jade Rampside 140 PG
60 Monza coupe (sold, sniff sniff)
66 Sprint Corsa convt - First car! Re-purchased 43 years later
2+2 gnatsuM 5691

+17 Tons of parts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2017 05:44PM by MattNall.

Posted by: j3m ()
Date: December 05, 2017 06:09PM

That seat color does look really great. It is SADDLE TAN color, though it is not the GM factory Corvair Saddle color.

Have a look at this link. It matches very closely with the 1967 MUSTANG SADDLE TAN color.
[www.mustangsunlimited.com]

If you are wondering, those '67 Mustang Armrests can be used to replace an old factory Corvair armrest. The style of the '67 Stang armrest with its grained vinyl with thread look will dress up the door panel instead of the very dull looking standard Corvair armrest. I simply have listed the MustangsUnlimited pictured example as a picture for descriptive purposes, as other Mustang parts suppliers MAY HAVE BETTER Reproductions of this '67 Mustang part for about the same price or less. These are available in medium blue and dark red which will look great in any Corvair with similar color upholstery and door panels. They will also look great on any old car, street rod, or Volkswagen with color schemes that closely match one of that part's available colors. You can also get that part in the usual black, off white and other colors I think that the '67 Mustang/Cougar had in the interior.

That particular SADDLE TAN that you particulary like is a very rich looking color. What I mean by that, is that color NEVER looks Cheap, even on a Pinto or VW bug. You may have noticed that a great many sixties era Jaguars and Ferraris had that exact color on their seats. Rolls-Royce and Facel Vega and Maserati also featured that exact color with certain exterior colors.
Black vinyl looks so incredibly cheap, as does white vinyl, but that particular Saddle color that you like ALWAYS Looks GREAT.
For example: ever see an MGB that is either BRITISH RACING GREEN, BLUE(any shade of blue other than Robin's Egg or light Sky Blue), or WINE-BURGANDY RED with black upholstery. Yeah, it looks like shee at in black upholstery when you compare it with what those colors look like with the "Saddle" interior color that you love and have showed us with that picture.
Black upholstery looks okay with just a few exterior colors, beyond that it just looks so unbelievably low-rent cheap, unless it high quality black leather and not vinyl upholstery.
Yes, European cars had better TASTE with respect to "looks", long before the doofusses in Motown realized just how horrible some of the awful 50's corner diner upholstery looked in otherwise decent looking cars that were better built than most of the very pretty but fragile/unreliable European cars of the sixties.

Don't listen to the bonie more-On--E bone stock idiots that say well that ain't exactly as it came for 1963 or whatever...............just remember that bone stock equals stuck in the sixties era less reliable than Rambler, Falcon, Valiant and Dart as far as bone stock mechanicals go. Unless you're talking about a mid sixties Riviera, or possibly a Thunderbird, there wasn't any decent looking interior coordination from any of the big 3 before 1965 or so. The Cadillacs had interiors that looked like Funeral Home Sofas, Lincoln and Imperial were only slightly better in that department, even if they were deemed the Poor Man's Cadillac at that time.
Like the old songs go: "...Take A Sad Song And Make It Better!!.....na na na-na-nah now.................
..........It's Your Thing Do whatcha Wanna Do.................don't give a ---- what some ---- ---- is a tellin you............It's your car do whatcha wanna do,
you ain't competing in concours stock are you.....

Make it like the factory would make it, if you were the department head of the design department, because you essentially are. As Ricky sang: "you can't please everyone so you gotta please yourself. Its your car, so do whatcha wanna do, or at least what your lovely wife wants to do.

Posted by: vairygood ()
Date: December 05, 2017 08:18PM

j3m,,,if someone ask you what time it is do you tell them how to build a watch?Just curious.

Buster Tindel
Gulfport Mississippi
63 vert
65 Corsa 140 4 speed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.