home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Very rare FC option?
Posted by: cnicol ()
Date: December 04, 2017 10:42AM

In my '64 FC Assembly Manual, the extensions are shown as a regular part of the Z60 option package.

Craig N. Coeur d'Alene ID.
66 Black Monza 4dr, 4.2L V8 49k
61 Seamist Jade Rampside 140 PG
60 Monza coupe (sold, sniff sniff)
66 Sprint Corsa convt - First car! Re-purchased 43 years later
2+2 gnatsuM 5691

+17 Tons of parts

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SteveInMarietta ()
Date: December 04, 2017 12:08PM

How about that! I had not noticed that page, which is not present in the 61-63 assembly manuals. However, is the extension panel really a only a Z60 feature. If I'm reading the Assembly Manual page correctly, the extension was to be used on standard and Z60 (Deluxe) Greenbriers.

Since the extension panels themselves are included in the P & A catalogs dating back to 1961, I'm guessing that these were co-opted from the original taxi-cab equipment, and the interior vinyl panels were redesigned to fit.

Steve

Posted by: cnicol ()
Date: December 04, 2017 12:33PM

Steve wrote: "If I'm reading the Assembly Manual page correctly, the extension was to be used on standard and Z60 (Deluxe) Greenbriers."

Craig replies: As I read the '64 assembly manual, the part is only found on Z60-equipped vehicles; that's why it's on the Z60 option page in the option section. If it was on all GB models, it would be in the regular pages of the assembly manual and not on the Z60 option page.

Craig N. Coeur d'Alene ID.
66 Black Monza 4dr, 4.2L V8 49k
61 Seamist Jade Rampside 140 PG
60 Monza coupe (sold, sniff sniff)
66 Sprint Corsa convt - First car! Re-purchased 43 years later
2+2 gnatsuM 5691

+17 Tons of parts

Posted by: WhenIm64 ()
Date: December 04, 2017 12:38PM

This filler panel and the correspondingly wider deluxe panel were not an option, they were standard on all deluxe Greenbriers beginning with the 1964 model year. So, not particularly rare. What IS rare is the 8-door version of the filler panel, which is a mirror image of the 6-door piece and as uncommon as deluxe-equipped 8-doors. A club member here in NJ is restoring a '65 deluxe 8-door Greenbrier and tearing his hair out trying to find the left-side filler panel. Anybody have one to spare?

--Bob

WhyImWhenIm64

Posted by: SteveInMarietta ()
Date: December 04, 2017 01:22PM

Craig,
Oh, now I see why I was confused! I misread the note at the bottom of the page as "Models 1206 & 1206 (w/ Z60)" due to aging eyes, small print, and (I now see) that it says "Models 1206 & 1206 (w/ E80)", which is a typo since "E85" is the RPO for left side doors.

OK, all of this was much-ado about nothing (maybe).

Feeling really dumb right now, I'm hesitant to start another thread about the side door striker plates I observed in the '64 hippy van. I'll check first.... Am I also the only person who did not know that there were actually 3 (maybe 4) different designs; which were used in early 1961, late 1961 - 1963, a 1964 version, and (possibly) a 1965 version?
Steve

Posted by: Pedigo ()
Date: December 04, 2017 01:50PM

Soo...what's with the right side not being listed for '61?
Bueller?..Bueller?..

Oregon City,Oregon
'61 Loadside
'62 8-door Corvan
'63 Greenbrier Deluxe

Attachments:
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.