home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: COLLECTING
Posted by: gregb ()
Date: December 01, 2017 11:22AM

Hey Greg, that early Sherwood gear is great stuff and highly prized. It would be worth getting repaired and enjoyed. The hum indicates it needs new filter capacitors and it should have a few other thing done to insure long life and to minimize tube and transformer problems.

Frank, I would love to get your CTC11 from you but aside from an ocean we could not be to much further apart. We thought about going to the convention in PA but as we like to drive our cars and both of us still work we would have to have a least three weeks to do the trip.

We hope to do the 2020 convention in California if all goes well.

Gregb

Alberta Canada
61 Canadian Lakewood
62 Spyder Triple Black Convertible
65 Corsa Coupe

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: veverlove ()
Date: December 01, 2017 12:19PM

I used to collect vinyl albums. Had several promo albums: All white vinyl Beatles "White" album, Red vinyl Led Zeppelin #4, along with several other colored vinyl albums. At one point I had over 800 albums from just about every genre, classic to heavy metal. All played on a state-of-the-art Kenwood system and a pair of Bose 901s. I also collected coins (mostly pennies & silver half dollars). One of my first jobs was working at a Savings & Loan and would constantly buy rolled coins that the older customers brought in. I actually had a double stamped D wheat penny that would be worth well over a grand today.

When I joined the Army in '82 to get training as an Air Traffic Controller (in hopes of eventually getting a sweet job with the FAA), I put my "stuff" in storage. When I got done with basic training, then jump school (an extra $50/mo), I wanted to get my "stuff" I left in a storage unit my dad swore he'd maintain. No such luck! Everything I had owned before going to basic was gone. Never let him forget how hurt I was.

Posted by: gmgmtl ()
Date: December 01, 2017 03:05PM

I have a collection of Apple Computers, Apple II and Mac. Here is a photo of my original Mac, Mac SE, Cube, G3 iMac, G4 Mini and a PowerCD Drive. All ran when parked. There are more in different areas but these are my favorites.

The one I can't find:

GMoore

Attachments:
Posted by: stitch ()
Date: December 01, 2017 04:36PM

Old 19th century cork bottles. You've seen them. On old westerns where someone was hawking 'miracle' elixors. Dr Miley's restorative tonic. Dr Bonners swamp root elixor. Dr Bailey's kidney, liver & bladder tonic. I have 100's! Most of them were dug up in creek beds that have gone dry! smileys with beer

"If you can't fix it with a Hammer, you have an Electrical problem."
Stitch...
Schertz, Texas.
(Smallish town/burg 17 mi. NE of San Antonio)

Posted by: scottymac ()
Date: December 01, 2017 05:15PM

Been a fanatic about the Convair B-58 Hustler supersonic bomber as long as I can remember. Crossed off #1 on the bucket list this summer, got to sit in the cockpit of the one being moved from Chanute to Castle. Collection includes "trigger" for the M-61 tail gun; flight stick the navigator used over the target area; and the fuel panel pilot used to maintain center of gravity (critical). Air Force tech orders, and just about every model and magazine ever made of or about the plane. NASCAR programs 1966-70; AUTOWEEK; NATIONAL SPEED SPORT NEWS; some issues of SOUTHERN MOTORSPORT JOURNAL; AUTO RACING, STOCK CAR RACING, and RACING PICTORIAL magazines from the same years. Science fiction anthologies from the Sixties to the present. 1966 Corvair promotional models, memorabilia, and options. Rotunda (think Ford Delco) mechanic test equipment from the Sixties.

Posted by: WalterElias ()
Date: December 01, 2017 06:50PM

Old and new tobacco pipes and of course, smoking them. My favorites were made by the old William Demuth Company "WDC" which was once the largest American pipe company but is now defunct. The oldest WDC pipe I have is from the late 1800's. Unfortunately, the stems on the oldest ones are missing and were originally made from amber.

The one on the left is from the late 1800's and the one on the right is from between 1910-1920.

Dan Kling
1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 110 HP, 4spd, 3.89 stump puller
1963 Spyder Coupe, restored, converted to 4spd Saginaw
1967 UltraVan #299, The migration has begun, we're on the road again......Save the Whales!

Photos of our Greenbrier, UltraVan and work-in-progress @

[www.flickr.com]

Attachments:
Posted by: bnoggle ()
Date: December 01, 2017 10:09PM

I collect old Lionel trains from the end of WW2 to the mid 80’s. Several hundred cars, around 100 engines and too many “accessories” to count. Much like my choice in cars I prefer the mechanical aspects of old trains instead of the electronics that modern ones use.

Carlisle Pennsylvania
--
1962 Corvair 95 Rampside
1983 Chevy C-10

Posted by: Chris Lampe ()
Date: December 01, 2017 11:42PM

I collect/fly Radio control airplanes, I've been doing it since the 1970's. I think my collection currently stands at 18, I have a mix of Electric and Nitro powered planes, sport aerobatic, slow fliers and sailplanes.

Any other flyers in the group?

Chris
Rowlett, Tx
NTCA - North Texas Corvair Association
CORSA
'64 Monza 'vert

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.