home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: A Friendly Porpoise selling Judson Superchargers
Posted by: 19Spyder63 ()
Date: November 30, 2017 06:12PM

Folks, I am the one who has the Judson for sale and maybe I should clear some things up...

1:If the gentleman I bought this from had 2 of these he never mentioned it to me and I talked to him for 45 minutes or so when I went to look at it, so your statement about me buying 2 and selling one is completely wrong (what was it Mom used to say about speaking when you don't know...).

2:Yep, I paid $300 because I knew it was worth it and if I didn't use it I could re-sell it.

3: My ebay listing is completely correct - I bought this for my '63 Spyder, which I have had since 1980 (is that longer than you've been alive, Pedigo?) and then 2 weeks later was offered a bunch of Corvair parts including a NOS turbo, a Carter YH, an SU adapter and carb and assorted bits and pieces that I snapped up. One thing I've finally learned after working on and with cars for 40 odd years is not to hang on to parts I'm not going to use - hence the sale. Please don't assign your motivation to me for why I'm selling, Pedigo. I did not buy this to turn, although when I bought it I did know I could re-sell it - if I had wanted to sell it right away I would have listed it the same day!

4: I asked both Corvair and Judson people I know on the price I should ask, and $1500 was the average of 9 different responses. Who cares how much I paid for it - the only question is what someone will pay for it and if no-one will pay $1500, then it's not worth that right now. Remember, just because it's listed for $1500 doesn't mean it will sell for that - always look at past sales on ebay not what things are listed for(20 years of ebay experience for that one). That's how I can justify the price.

5: As Lon said, Flipper was not a porpoise, he was a dolphin, so why would people even use that term - another case of the younger generations being totally inept at things? By the way, I am way over 40 and wasn't sure what this was until I read it further down in the emails.

6: As bought1 said, now I'm selling to make money - I bought an MGA in September and am buying parts for it since I have everything I need for Hamish (my '63 Spyder).

7: The gentleman I bought it from and I spent the time talking about Corvairs - he had had them since they first came out (he is 84 years old) and had built them for his kids and still has a beautiful early Spyder Convertible. I told him about my car and that I was having turbo problems and could put it on that and then I handed over the $300 (would you have offered him less if you had gotten there first, Pedigo?), so no Pedigo, I didn't make up some BS story.

8:In the future, it would be nice if people THOUGHT before they made statements about someone else's motivations, don't you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bought1 ()
Date: November 30, 2017 06:18PM

Well three you go. A rationale explanation. Case closed. Or is it?

Dave

Posted by: irvan ()
Date: November 30, 2017 07:39PM

Welcome to the forum

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: November 30, 2017 07:42PM

Absolutely, Welcome to Corvair Center!
The friendliest forum on the web!eye rolling smiley
Seriously, Stick around, as a Corvair owner and enthusiast, you are more than WELCOME here ! ! ! thumbs upsmiling bouncing smiley

-----------------------------------------------
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
'66 Monza Coupe - 4spd, 140 Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - PG, 140 Daily driver beater

Posted by: steve c goodman ()
Date: November 30, 2017 07:53PM

19spyder63 welcome to CCF from Colorado. Even though many ridicule the Judson unit it has a crowd gathering appeal. There is one running here in Denver and not only does it get down the road everyone looking at the engine is impressed. No it isn't that fast but darn sure fun!

I hope you stay on the forum too.

best wishes, Steve
Rear Engine Spec. Inc. Golden, Colo.

1962 spyder 3.0L turbo 1965 Crown V8
1967 monza 110/4 1968 monza 110/4
1971 amante gt 110/4
CORSA/RMC/PPCC

Posted by: Pedigo ()
Date: November 30, 2017 08:23PM

bought1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well three you go. A rationale explanation. Case
> closed. Or is it?

I'd say that was rational and a good introduction.

Posted by: Pedigo ()
Date: November 30, 2017 08:47PM

BTW... I like the nomenclature of 'porpoise' verses 'dolphin' as it pertains to friendly flippers.

Posted by: Max Roeder ()
Date: December 01, 2017 03:37AM

Pedigo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BTW... I like the nomenclature of 'porpoise'
> verses 'dolphin' as it pertains to friendly
> flippers.

Pedigo, a really much preferred definition of porpoise!
I thought you may have been using a Millennial's term for "getting taken advantage of". In other words, you thought the buyer really screwed the seller!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.