Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Rampside engine advice
Posted by: Trooper ()
Date: November 24, 2017 05:19PM

My F/C came with 2 engines. The one that's in it is hooked to a power glide block # T0414Y 60-63 manual 80hp and the extra in the bed #T0807YN 62-63 manual 98-102hp, head #3813516 62-63 102hp.

The power glide is staying.

I want a 140hp non turbo I think. Can I use one of my engines block, and build from there or should I find a 140 engine and rebuild it.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rampside engine advice
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: November 24, 2017 05:29PM

Block can be used.... just a couple of places to be relieved for clearance... and a 164 ci ['64-9] cam must be used..

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Re: Rampside engine advice
Posted by: The Stig ()
Date: November 24, 2017 05:57PM

140 heads on an engine tied to a powerglide in most cases are only good for bragging rights, and that doesnt go very far. You end up with a sluggish combo off the line. Not saying it hasnt been done and cant be made to work right, but takes lots of effort. If that interested search here and read. IMHO put the effort into good 95 heads and a late 164 crank. An angle grinder with a sanding flapper disk will make short work of relieving the stock truck FC case for the longer throw crank.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.