Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
EZ Car Lift On Sale
Posted by: Freeman ()
Date: November 21, 2017 05:49PM

In case anyone has been thinking about getting an EZ Car Lift, they are on sale right now at $1845 shipped to the lower 48. That's a $500 savings over the price last Friday.

Got mine ordered this morning.

EZ Car Lift

Freeman
Rowlett, TX
62 Monza "AirVair"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EZ Car Lift On Sale
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: November 21, 2017 05:50PM

Hot deal!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: Andrew B ()
Date: November 21, 2017 08:57PM

Check out this similar product that tilts.

AUTO Lift 3000

Date: November 21, 2017 10:54PM

Andrew B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Check out this similar product that tilts.
>
> AUTO Lift 3000

Andrew, that is interesting but I don't see that it provides any advantage over the EZ lift when working on Corvairs. The cross bars on the Auto Lift block access to 30% or more of the underside of the vehicle when using a creeper.

Freeman
Rowlett, TX
62 Monza "AirVair"

Posted by: Nickshu ()
Date: November 22, 2017 04:43AM

I love my EZCarLift! Solid and American made! And the company owner Boytcho Manev is a really nice guy and owns a Corvair or two!

Nick
1964 Monza Spyder Convertible #435 - Rotisserie restored - Check out my restoration thread here: [corvaircenter.com]
Recreational Mechanic/CORSA Member/COG Supporting Member/US Navy Veteran
Other fun car: Porsche 911 GT3
Boring daily drivers
Northern Colorado, USA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2017 04:44AM by Nickshu.

Posted by: Darrin ()
Date: November 22, 2017 05:16AM

I have had one for several years. Works great. Had a small problem with it this year. Boytcho stepped in to get it working again at no cost to me...and made sure it was right. If you are a strictly "made in America" guy who values customer service, cannot go wrong with this company.

Darrin Hartzler
Bethesda, MD

Corvairs in two states of the Union and varying states of disarray.

Northern Virginia Corvairs & Group Corvair

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: November 22, 2017 07:45AM

A great tool to have in your garage.
A friend of mine has the Quickjack and wishes he had my EZ Car Lift instead. He tells me he read the comparison Quickjack put out between EZ and Quick and some of the claims they made are just not correct. Dealing with hydraulic hoses, needing power close by, lower lift height capacity, no side access under vehicle and made in China he says is not worth the Quick's cheaper price. He borrowed my EZ to do a side by side.

The Quick is a fairly good unit, but I'm happy with my EZ. I have used it for quite a few years.

Keep in mind that regardless the price... You may have more $$ invested in hand tools. Your back will thank you... and most car lifts can be easily sold later on for nearly the same price they were paid for. Not a bad investment!

Ok... I'm stepping off of my soap box!eye rolling smileygrinning smiley

Corventure Dave smileys with beer

Attachments:
Date: November 22, 2017 07:49AM

I looked at the Quickjack. I would be afraid to get under the car with it. It's not very stable and is really made for wheel/tire changes only, not made for doing work under the car on it despite that they later started marketing it for that.

Nick
1964 Monza Spyder Convertible #435 - Rotisserie restored - Check out my restoration thread here: [corvaircenter.com]
Boring daily drivers
Northern Colorado, USA

Posted by: DAVECS1 ()
Date: November 22, 2017 12:48PM

Thanks Dave for your post, it actually highlighted some things I had not thought of between the two products. And as for the lift posted above, I have not seen it readily available in the states(it is from europe). Also I have seen it used in europe and it did not inspire me to take my life into my own hands.

I think I am going to end up with an easy lift? I guess my only hiccup at the moment is I have 4 different project cars I will need to measure. How hard is it to make your own cross braces?

1964 Monza Convertible
110 4 speed
Peoria, IL

Date: November 22, 2017 03:04PM

Contact Boytcho of EZ Car Lift. He will set you up. I believe he can furnish the braces for multiple width vehicles that will fit the main lifting frame.

Corventure Dave

Posted by: OttawaCorvairGuy ()
Date: November 22, 2017 03:47PM

I see a Christmas Gift for some... Grin

Posted by: john.jackson ()
Date: November 22, 2017 05:30PM

For those of you looking for more information and how the EZ Car Lift goes together.

I found this very good article on the web of one fellows purchase and install:

[tr6.danielsonfamily.org]

Posted by: whubbell ()
Date: November 22, 2017 06:06PM

Does anybody happen to have the lift point measurements for Early Model Corvair (and if they are not all the same, specifically for Convertible)? EZ lift wants Front width, rear width, and length between front and rear.

I ask because I am not entirely certain which lifting points to measure.

If I am using the jacking pads as shown in the owner's manual I come up with:
Front Width: 45-48"??
Rear Width: 45"?
Length: 65" ??

For Convertible Curb Height I have 52" and for vehicle gross weight I have 2650 - correct?

Bill Hubbell,
President, Stock Corvair Group

Date: November 22, 2017 06:44PM

The EZ will fit your jack points on the EM Corvair. I did my entire restoration on mine after the body came off the rotisserie and back from the body shop.

I actually put mine at the furthest extent of the lift (the pads slide fore and aft on the lift) and used hockey pucks to get it up off the lift platform a little more.

As for the bar widths, EZ sells them in different widths. I can't recall the width but the Corvair width fits most any typical car. For my Triumph TR6 and Lotus Elise I had to have narrower bars, the cost about $100 a pair.

Contact Boytcho at EZ, he is very helpful and as I said above he owns Corvairs so he definitely knows the sizes needed and lift points.

Nick
Boring daily drivers
Northern Colorado, USA

Posted by: section89 ()
Date: November 22, 2017 07:04PM

Bill,

the info you need is on the EZ lift website specs

You will need a XM64+IHP for as EM corvair

Date: November 22, 2017 10:21PM

Best to just call Boytcho directly and let him help to determine your needs. As others have mentioned, he is very pleasant to speak with and eager to help. It never end dawned on me that this would also be useful for things like rotating the tires or changing the oil on the wife's Altima until I spoke with Boytcho.

BTW - I placed my order on Monday and Fedex tracking says it will be here on Saturday. Great price and fast shipping.

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!

Freeman
Rowlett, TX
62 Monza "AirVair"

Date: November 25, 2017 01:56PM

My EZ Lift arrived today and I am truly impressed with the build quality and functionality of this lift. Definitely money well spent.

BTW - They are still on sale. smiling smiley

Freeman
Rowlett, TX
62 Monza "AirVair"

Attachments:
Date: November 26, 2017 09:59PM

Nice! thumbs up

Corventure Dave

Posted by: Seth Emerson ()
Date: November 27, 2017 12:34AM

Plus - Designed and built in the USA! At the fan belt toss, a few years ago, they announced an EZ-Car lift as the big raffle prize for the banquet. All during the swap meet, I suggested people buy a ticket or several, I told folks how much I liked the one I bought after the Ventura Convention. (I have used it a lot.) Well, the banquet came - and they pulled my ticket! I won the lift. Uh - I found a local Corsa member who needed it, one is enough. Something not mentioned, so far, is the portability. With less than a dozen bolts, the units disassembles into four reasonable to wrestle parts. It will fit in the back of my Avalanche. Best to use on a hard, level surface. I am quite happy with mine. The EZ-Car Lift, plus an ATV lift makes dropping out a powertrain very easy and safe.

Posted by: Pedigo ()
Date: December 27, 2017 09:55PM

Thank whomever for YouTube. I almost plunked down the juice for this lift and realized what a piece of shit it was for the money. I'll wait until I can get a hydro.

What a joke watching buyer's spin that corded drill,forever.
I actually thought their lifts were broke because of the lack of movement while they spin the Chuck.

Supremely unimpressed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2017 10:03PM by Pedigo.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.