home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
'63 Monza, THANK YOU CA CORVAIRS
Posted by: Colevair95 ()
Date: November 19, 2017 12:39PM

So my Corvair has been quite the project the last few years. When my Dad and I first got it, it ran perfectly. 102hp, 3.55 diff, mated to a PG, it was a little sluggish. When we got ahold of a '66 with a stock 140hp mated to a PG I just had to start messing with stuff and swap the engine. Not knowing what I was doing, I trashed the transmission. Saved up to buy a new one from CA Corvairs, and I didn't install that correctly. Little embarrassed to say, it happened a second time. The third time, while out of warranty, the guys over at CA Corvair were nice enough to build it again. This time they instructed me to measure the clearance for the shims between the PG and diff in a different way. My Dad and I had been measuring with clay, I swear the second time we measured a dozen different times. Using a straight edge and a caliper this time around, per CA Corvair's advice, I finally got it right.
Thank you CA Corvairs for all the help!

1963 Corvair 140HP/PG https://imgur.com/gallery/oAWhA

1963 Monza Convertible 140/PG
Clovis, CA

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: '63 Monza, THANK YOU CA CORVAIRS
Posted by: davemotohead ()
Date: November 19, 2017 12:53PM

Are you talking about the shim stack on the diff input spline? I did a tutorial write up on this here on the forum.

Email me at: Dave Motohead

1960 4dr sedan caveman car
1961 Rampside (Chetside)
1962 Rampside (Barnside)
1962 Short Rampside (Shortside)
1962 Monza 700 Wagon
1963 Monza 900 coup (General Nader)

Sign my guest book!
[motoheadmall.com]
-----------------------------------
Rust Free Lancaster Ca

Attachments:
Re: '63 Monza, THANK YOU CA CORVAIRS
Posted by: Colevair95 ()
Date: November 19, 2017 12:58PM

Yep, that exactly. My Dad found it on the forum and sent it to me after the latest installation. I didn't frequent the forum the last few years when I was working on it, so I missed a lot of good information.

1963 Monza Convertible 140/PG
Clovis, CA

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.