Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Hagerty Video; Will the Corvair Kill You?
Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: November 17, 2017 08:42AM

Hmmm.
I did not see it that way Bob.
I saw it as a video presented to those who do not know any better, ie. non-Corvair owners who have only heard nasty rumors.
And then a confirmation that . . . . .
NO! Indeed they will not kill you!
As mentioned above, it would have been nice if the NHTSA report had been mentioned, but over-all, I thought that it was a positive presentation of our favorite car.
As for What Hagerty had to do with it, I am guessing, VERY little.
I am thinking here,(and I realize that, that can be very dangerous) that Hagerty is simply providing a platform sponsorship of a video channel of short movies about various cars of interest to the classic car world.
I guess we just need to wait and see what different cars follow and how they treat them in up coming episodes.
smiling smiley

-----------------------------------------------
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
'66 Monza Coupe - 4spd, 140 Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - PG, 140 Daily driver beater

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pedigo ()
Date: November 17, 2017 05:07PM

Thank you Peter,Jim and Hagerty. Watching this video allowed me to appreciate the Corvair for what it is,more than I already have.

Posted by: jamesolefjensen ()
Date: December 06, 2017 09:01AM

Fun video to watch. And it’s probably one of the fairest portrayal of the Corvair’s handling characteristics; different but not inherently unsafe.

Date: December 06, 2017 09:18AM

I'd like to see the same video with a 1960 Falcon being savaged like that.

First time I went off the road backwards was in my 1962 Chevy II Nova. Understeering around a long sweeper, then the rear got loose and into the weeds back end first.

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 140 Corsa ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 'Vert Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza 'Vert (SOLD) ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Evening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.