Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
New part availability - Distributor gear - $13, shipped
Posted by: Seth Emerson ()
Date: November 14, 2017 06:36PM

New Product - related to the Stinger Ignition distributor. There were a couple of different distributor driving gear designs used on the Corvair crank, but only one driven gear on the distributor. I have actually found gears with two-different pin sizes, but, according to the GM parts book and Clarks catalog, only one gear. The Stinger distributor uses a gear that is a duplicate of that distributor gear. I decided to offer the gear by itself. If you are rebuilding a Corvair distributor and want to replace that gear, it is now available. I will supply a new roll pin along with it. Before ordering one, be sure to check the diameter of the mounting hole in the distributor shaft (should be the same as the hole through the old gear) If the hole isn’t 3/16” – (about .180”) the gear and roll pin won’t work. If it is, and you want to install a new gear on your distributor, drop a check to Silicone Wire Systems. $13 including shipping to your door - in the USA. 25 are available.

forsale

Seth Emerson

Check my new Performance Corvair Web site [www.perfvair.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 07:12PM by MattNall.

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New part availability - Distributor gear - $13, shipped
Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: November 14, 2017 07:31PM

Vairy PURTY !
Too bad it is hidden out of sight.

-----------------------------------------------
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
'66 Monza Coupe - 4spd, 140 Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - PG, 140 Daily driver beater

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.