home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Uh-Ohhh, no brake lights. sad smiley
Posted by: rnch ()
Date: November 12, 2017 09:14AM

Now that we FINALLY have some decent non-A/C weather here in New Orleans; I was giving my MoreDoor a quick once over before starting to drive it.

Tire pressure topped off, oil checked, fan belt tension checked, positive battery terminal cleaned up, checked all the lights and turn signals...but no brake lights.

I had just changed the tail light bulbs last May; so I kinda-sorta doubted that was the issue. My next thought was "stop light switch".

After about 20 seconds of grunting & groaning I determined that I could get to the brake pedal arm mounted stop light switch easier from the passenger side floor.

Armed with my new super bright tactical flashlight and my strongest pair of reading glasses, I flopped down on the passenger side floor mat and pushed the brake pedal back & forth while shinning the light on the switch.

Dayum thing was stuck! Not moving at all. No wonder the brake lights weren't lighting up!

A couple of squirts of WD-40 and manually manipulating the switch back & forth and all is copacetic again. MUCH easier than R & R a new stop light switch.

I am now sipping my fourth cuppa cawfee (hence my verbosity) and quite pleased with myself.

Quoting my Dad, from (at least) 45 years ago: "Buy an old car, son, It'll keep you out of trouble!"

smiling bouncing smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Uh-Ohhh, no brake lights. sad smiley
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: November 12, 2017 09:39AM

Luv those easy fixes.... and people who "troubleshoot" FIRST instead of buying parts.

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.