home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
REPORTS!!!! Corvairs Northwest Annual Fall Tune-Up Day Sat. Nov 18th! smileys with beer
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: November 02, 2017 06:29PM

Kent Sullivan sez;

Corvairs Northwest is once again having its Fall Tune-up Day and Potluck on Saturday, November 18, 2017, from 9AM to 3 PM, at Kent Sullivan's shop in Kirkland, Washington, near Seattle.

Gather up any parts you want to install on your Corvair, your tool box if you have one, and come to the annual event. Bring along your favorite hot dish, salad or dessert and a chair. We will have tables available but chairs are at a premium.

Soft drinks will be provided, as well as donuts and coffee for the early birds. You can use the shop hoist to check out the underside of your rig, to look for any issues, and to perform any maintenance needed, plus oil changes and chassis lube. In addition, you can pick the brains of several Corvair experts about any Corvair issues you may be experiencing. If you have a trunk load of parts to swap or sell, bring those as well.

We hope to have a tech session or two. Installation of the 5-speed transmission in Kent's ’66 500 coupe is nearly complete, so he's pretty sure it will be sorted out by then!

Take exit 17 from I-405 and proceed east up the hill to 125th Ave. NE. Turn right and go to the end of the street.

Lunch will be at about noon.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2017 08:16AM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Corvairs Northwest Annual Fall Tune-Up Day Sat. Nov 18th! smileys with beer
Date: November 02, 2017 07:11PM

That's a strange looking Black Corvair in the foreground...smoking smiley

HERE is a Google Map to help find your way.

These events are always a great time. The shop is first rate and the food that folks bring is delicious!
Come early, I predict it's going to be busy! oh, and bring a chair along with your potluck contribution!

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 140 Corsa ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 'Vert Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza 'Vert (SOLD) ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Evening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Posted by: carlofsumner ()
Date: November 08, 2017 06:17PM

The installation of the 5 speed in Kent's car IS COMPLETE and a tech session and rides will be given during the day. Come one, come all! Well, maybe not all of you as I don't think we have enough space!

CDJ

Date: November 17, 2017 07:51AM

OK, Northwestern Corvair Peoples - Who-All is coming to this great event?
If You-All get there early and you'll find some fine donuts and Coffee waiting.

Don't forget your contribution to "Potluck Lunch" and a Chair*
Lot's of great conversation and tall tales along with the chance to maybe get some work done on your car!
Also a "trunk swap meet" so bring some decent goodies to trade.

*unless you like to stand and eat!

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 140 Corsa ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 'Vert Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza 'Vert (SOLD) ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Evening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Posted by: antkoto ()
Date: November 17, 2017 08:18AM

At least two of us from Corsa Oregon will be there.

Duane

Re: SATURDAY!!!! Corvairs Northwest Annual Fall Tune-Up Day Sat. Nov 18th! smileys with beer
Posted by: 63turbo ()
Date: November 17, 2017 07:27PM

I will be there!!

------------------------------------

Kevin Nash
Friday Harbor Washington
63 Spyder, Daily driver, EFI read about my project here: [corvaircenter.com]
first test start on EFI here:[www.youtube.com]
first official EFI boost test here:[www.youtube.com]
My new fan! [corvaircenter.com]
engine less 62 Spyder
Canadian 64 Monza Parts car

Re: SATURDAY!!!! Corvairs Northwest Annual Fall Tune-Up Day Sat. Nov 18th! smileys with beer
Posted by: Bill Chellis ()
Date: November 18, 2017 07:53PM

Attached are some pics from today’s tuneup day at Kent’s shop in Kirkland.

Perhaps it was the unusually dry November day here in the NW that brought out the people, but it was a great turn out of Corvairs and their owners from Oregon, Washington and British Columbia. Steve Brown from CORSA Oregon did a tech presentations on early/FC rear wheel bearing rebuilding and Kevin Nash showed a prototype high efficient fan he his working on.Lastly, the potluck lunch was ample and delicious too!

Enjoy the pics.

Bill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2017 09:51AM by MattNall.

Attachments:

Date: November 18, 2017 07:56PM

Here are 3 more pics of Steve making his presentation

Attachments:

Date: November 18, 2017 07:59PM

Here is a pic of Kevin showing his prototype cooling fan and the underside of Kent's 5-speed Corvair

Attachments:

Date: November 18, 2017 08:02PM

More from the underside and some of the people helping the newer members.

Attachments:

Date: November 18, 2017 08:03PM

That's all folks!

Attachments:

Date: November 18, 2017 08:22PM

Great report! Where was Dan Davis? Or was he taking the pics?

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: November 18, 2017 08:45PM

Hi Matt- Those are my pictures.

Dan was here and when he moved his van so I didn't need to park in the cul-de-sac he must have kept going.

Bill Chellis

Date: November 19, 2017 03:53AM

I dropped in early and enjoyed the event, visiting with folks from Oregon and Canada as well as the locals. I knew that we were in good hands when Bill Chellis came down. I had a job to do up in Oak Harbor so I needed to get on the road.

More photos have been posted on the Corvairs Northwest Facebook page as well.

Thanks to all that made this a Vairy fabulous day!

Re: REPORTS!!!! Corvairs Northwest Annual Fall Tune-Up Day Sat. Nov 18th! smileys with beer
Posted by: Kent Sullivan ()
Date: November 19, 2017 09:46AM

Great pictures, Bill!

As others have said, we had great weather and a great turnout, and several new members! So cool to meet these new folks and to see cars I hadn't seen before. We had an abundance of expertise on-hand so many problems were diagnosed and fixed, and more than a few parts lists made! The lift came in handy for list-making since it's hard to see what's going on underneath unless you can really get under there and look up.

Posted by: Kent Sullivan ()
Date: November 19, 2017 09:49AM

1966-Corsa-GT-180 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> More photos have been posted on the Corvairs
> Northwest Facebook page as well.

And also in the Corvair Owners Group on FB.

Re: REPORTS!!!! Corvairs Northwest Annual Fall Tune-Up Day Sat. Nov 18th! smileys with beer
Posted by: 63turbo ()
Date: November 19, 2017 10:42AM

As always, I had a great time seeing all my club members, and the great progress made on their projects. I learned a lot about what's really involved in re-building early rear axle bearings!!

------------------------------------

Kevin Nash
Friday Harbor Washington
63 Spyder, Daily driver, EFI read about my project here: [corvaircenter.com]
first test start on EFI here:[www.youtube.com]
first official EFI boost test here:[www.youtube.com]
My new fan! [corvaircenter.com]
engine less 62 Spyder
Canadian 64 Monza Parts car

Date: November 19, 2017 07:53PM

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.