home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
FS: 1964 rear air grille stone shields
Posted by: junkman ()
Date: October 25, 2017 06:30PM

forsale

1964 rear air grille stone shields. These go at the ends of the rear air grille on the 1964 cars. If you are using a 1964 rear air grille on any other year car, then these will also fit, since the 1964 rear air grille has the mounting holes provided for these stone guards. Screw clips not included. After moving all my parts, this is the last of these stone shields. Get them while they are still available.

$37.50 per pair, includes USPS Priority Mail shipping to U.S.

with stone shield in place

Rear Grille without Stone Shield.

Picture of type of clip that is required for screw to hold to the bottom of the rear air grille (not supplied). The screws that are used are the same screws that hold the wheel opening moldings to the car (not provided). Both of these items are usually in stock at your local Fastenal store.
The top of the stone guard is held on by the same screw that presently holds the rear air grille to the car body.

Testimonial from a satisfied Corvair owner after receiving the stone guards.

I received a set the other day. The quality is outstanding. Fit is perfect. I bolted them up to an NOS grill I have for one of my '64's. If you happened upon an NOS set I would think the only difference is these have a nicer finish then most NOS parts. So if you have a '64 or a '64 grill on another year - don't miss out. The other thing these do is give a 'finished' look so you don't see the ground through the grill.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FS: 1964 rear air grille stone shields
Posted by: bbakerga ()
Date: October 25, 2017 08:33PM

Hey Junk, how many sets do you have left?

Date: October 25, 2017 08:37PM

Haven't counted them, but every time that I think that I am running out of something, I find that I stashed a few extra in backup. I do this with coffee filters, incase the store runs out. I am down to my last 2, and the store doesn't have any till next week sometime. Without my coffee, I can't find anything..LOL..

Date: October 26, 2017 06:51PM

bbakerga Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Junk, how many sets do you have left?

I did a count today, and I have 14 sets left. There were 15 before a forum member bought a pair this morning. At the end of the month, this offer for sale will expire. From past experience, once an item goes extinct, those parts that come to market will bring a higher price in the future.
An example of this is the 1963 Corvair grille bar. I was selling mine for $200 10 years ago, and last week, one sold on eBay for $505. I found that I have one left, which I will put up for sale shortly. I would prefer to offer parts here than on eBay, but sometimes, you have to use eBay to get the exposure to the entire collector car world.

Posted by: cepak ()
Date: October 26, 2017 07:33PM

Wow, I never looked at an assembly manual, so I didn’t know these even existed.

Tom Cepak
Fort Worth, TX

Date: October 26, 2017 08:15PM

cepak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow, I never looked at an assembly manual, so I
> didn’t know these even existed.

Just about every 1964 had them missing, and only after reading the assembly manual, did I find out about them. I went on a hunt till I found a car with them. I was able to buy the rear air grille, and too them to a machine shop to have them duplicated. The shop had a new machine that could do multiple operations, moving the part around the table, till it was completed. I went forward with the project with their minimum quantity. They came out perfect, and the only difference between the "reproduction" and the original, is that the reproduction is powder coated. This is the end of the original run, and there will be no more, because the company that made them about 20 years ago, is no longer in business.

Posted by: davemotohead ()
Date: October 26, 2017 09:04PM

I find them things at the ranch all the time and have a NOS set with NOS rear grill. I think the mechanics used to take them off and not put them back on working on the car.

Email me at: Dave Motohead

Sign my guest book!
[motoheadmall.com]
-----------------------------------
Rust Free Lancaster Ca

Date: October 26, 2017 09:09PM

Must be an East Coast vs. West Coast thing.... smileys with beer

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: October 26, 2017 09:11PM

Or "Rural Areas" vs "City" dealerships who worked on the cars?

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: October 28, 2017 07:50AM

All orders place by 10/27 were shipped on 10/27. Watch for delivery in your mailbox early next week. Thanks Paul the junkman

Date: November 11, 2017 03:22PM

Bump.. get them while you can. Also, while in the cellar today, I found a lot of distributor advance mechanism's, and lots of small electrical items. Too many to list, but send me a PM, and I will check.

Date: November 18, 2017 05:29PM

Bump

Posted by: Murphy ()
Date: November 19, 2017 06:28AM

PM sent

65 Monza Coupe
61 500 Coupe (under Construction) Getting close.

Date: November 20, 2017 09:43AM

These are in todays mail, and should be at your doorstep in 2 days by USPS. Thanks for your purchase. Junkman

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.