Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: UPS Delivery (rantings by a mad man)
Posted by: Wallygator ()
Date: October 26, 2017 07:04AM

My Wife is a shipping clerk for UPS (18years) she handles all problem deliveries,damages etc. I've heard many delivery,customer,driver stories over the years. Typically it's the problems you hear about not the successful deliveries. Similar to the current national debate on law enforcement you only hear about the bad outcomes not the thousands of good and successful situations that are delt with daily. I will say it is nice to have an inside source for my packages.
Wally

1966 corsa turbo convertible
1966 Chevelle SS(clone) 427 4spd

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Seth Emerson ()
Date: October 26, 2017 06:26PM

I shipped a bunch of flywheels up to Lon Wall as cores about a year ago. 5 or 6? in one flat-rate box. I staggered into the Post Office with the box. dropped it on the side counter and warned the closest clerk. "Instant hernia if you just snatch that one up!" What a bargain in shipping.

Seth Emerson

Check my new Performance Corvair Web site [www.perfvair.com]

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: October 26, 2017 08:24PM

Service at my house is terrible UPS, USPS, FedEx. Different drivers all the time. Lately about half the time the packages are tossed in the ditch by the road. One FedEx driver kept stacking heavy packages on my really nice '64 under the carport. One put a ding in it but I can't prove it.
If something comes in signature required they never bother to attempt delivery. Once a FedEx driver put a sticker on my door when I was sitting right on the other side of the door. No knock. No one at FedEx cares. They wouldn't bring the package back out even though I had paid for overnight AM delivery.
I did have a good experience once. I managed to get a person that cared on the phone at FedEx after they didn't bother to deliver a package. They claimed that no one was there even though it was an insurance company. They actually redelivered that one the same day.
USPS is much faster from Clark's. 3 days vs 7-8 days for FedEx or UPS to Texas.
They have also done better after a constantly complained about 3-4 times a week for about 6 months.
There are only 2 addresses on my street and the other is a concrete company. UPS and FedEx have delivered my packages there numerous times.
Rock Auto must have some special deal with FedEx. I get things from them in less than 24 hours some times and it rarely takes more than 3 days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2017 08:26PM by joelsplace.

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: October 27, 2017 10:07AM

Ordered from RockAuto at 4:51PM arrived 10:41AM with FedEx ground. Less than 24 hours!

Posted by: azdave ()
Date: October 27, 2017 11:04AM

FedEx and UPS just announced a 4.9% price and worse in 2018. They might as well have used the same press release because the increases in fees and additional handling charges are nearly identical between the two companies.

I'm sure with the extra fees their service will be top notch. winking smiley

Dave W. / Gilbert Arizona
66 Corsa 140 4-speed w/factory A/C
66 Corsa 140 4-speed w/factory A/C
66 Corsa 140 4-speed
65 Corsa 140 4-speed
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza 455 Toro V8
65 Monza 110 Convertible
65 Monza 4DR 140 PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T w/5-speed

Posted by: jjohnsonjo ()
Date: October 27, 2017 11:26AM

Large companies do not pay anything near what we do. When I worked for NCR they had worked out a deal with Fed EX ground that employees could get the corporate rate. If you signed up for it and used it, it was deducted from your CC. You just printed out a label and placed it in the outgoing shipping dock. It was a great deal while it lasted.

J.O.

65 Corsa Turbo Vert
79 Honda XL 500S
69 Honda CL 160 D
2010 BMW F 650 GS
2003 Bounder 36D
2013 KIA Optima SX turbo-AKA ZIPPY (wife,s car)
69 Newport Holiday Sailboat
Baja 150 dune buggy cart
Coleman HS 500 UTV
2016 KIA Sorento SXL Turbo

Bethlehem,Pa

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: OT: UPS Delivery (rantings by a mad Customer)
Posted by: subdude17349 ()
Date: October 27, 2017 12:38PM

Funny how this thread goes on. I ordered something from Amazon on Monday. Wednesday afternoon I check on Amazon's website for the order status. It read:

"Delivered Wednesday. Your package was delivered. It was handed directly to a resident"

Funny that, because I was at work. As was my wife. I doubt that the USPS mail carrier handed it to my cat.

Turns out it was actually in the mailbox. No problem, I just thought it was amusing....

Jim

65 Corsa Ct, 180/4, Blue/blue/white

Posted by: richard1 ()
Date: October 27, 2017 02:35PM

I have $720 worth of parts in Miami Fedex that got there on the 16th. Still haven't made it on the plane south 11 days later. Pistons, bearings, rings, etc. for a friend.

a couple of weeks ago, after weeks in transit to Bolivia, another package arrived, but after three weeks in their warehouse at the office I went there and had it pulled from the pile. They have a system First in, last out. Just pile new stuff on top of what is still there.

Restoration in Bolivia
Richard's Mini Pickup
Richard's Corvair
Richard's Renault Dauphine

Selection of the Right Motor Oil for the Corvair
Selection of the right transmission oil for the corvair
How to polish and restore stainless and aluminum trim

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: October 27, 2017 03:40PM

Here is a big hit at FedEx. I bought a set of Camaro rear springs on June 13 from a well known Camaro Parts house. On June 27th, the springs arrived in Charlotte NC. After 5 days they were still there. I worked for 3 weeks to get them moved. Finally on the 22nd July the parts agreed to send another set on the 28th. I cancelled the order and used another well known Camaro parts to order the springs. Funny thing, this parts house had the springs to me on the 26th using UPS. My use of the other parts house has dropped off significantly.

As far as I know, FedEx has themselves a set of 68 Camaro springs.

Al Lane
Ellabell GA

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ HP PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
2015 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT
2018 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Z71 Centennial Edition
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Posted by: ken ()
Date: October 27, 2017 07:34PM

I buy my parts from Clarks and I always use USPS . They are much faster than UPS . And no, I don't work for USPS .

Posted by: richard1 ()
Date: October 28, 2017 06:04AM

Postal service here does not have delivery. One central building in the middle of a city of 3 million. Hand written notebooks of arrivals, stacks of boxes. No notification on arrival. No parking within 3 blocks.

Restoration in Bolivia
Richard's Mini Pickup
Richard's Corvair
Richard's Renault Dauphine

Selection of the Right Motor Oil for the Corvair
Selection of the right transmission oil for the corvair
How to polish and restore stainless and aluminum trim

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.