Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
WTB - FC auto transmission
Posted by: vairboy ()
Date: October 17, 2017 05:39PM

Hello, I may be in the market for an FC auto tranny. But would prefer one that came out of a running vehicle. I'm located in Pennsylvania. Thanks

needpart

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2017 05:45PM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WTB - FC auto transmission
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: October 17, 2017 05:50PM

Car tranny is the same except for front pump cover....and if you have one you can swap it easily....

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: vairboy ()
Date: October 17, 2017 06:24PM

Thanks Matt. I would be willing to do that if someone has one that they know works. I may try Jeff at the Corvair ranch as well. If someone has one let me know. If you go with a car one is there any difference due to year or differential or hp that I would need to be aware of?

Posted by: gnvair ()
Date: October 17, 2017 07:38PM

The PG installed behind a 164 cubic inch engine does have some differences in the valve body to handle the additional torque. I seem to also remember an additional torrington bearing in the planetary assembly rather than thrust washers.
If you swap the pump you have to reset the end play on the unit. Replacing the pump and cover is NOT a bolt on swap.

Lee J

Posted by: TIBCO ()
Date: October 26, 2017 05:47PM

I would like to hear more about this. I have a 61 Rampside with the factory PG. The truck does not have an engine at the present. I may have lined up a 66 110/PG combination and would like to know what I would need to do to make it work in the truck. I know I would still need to use the original differential, and swapping the front cover on the PG has been mentioned. What about the input shaft, or is that what they call the torque shaft? Any help would be appreciated. thanks,

Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY
CORSA, CKCE
66 Monza, 140/4sp

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.