Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
SOLD!! :YH Carbs and turbo air cleaner; E flow housing
Posted by: Mark Pietz ()
Date: September 04, 2017 03:13PM

Due to changing priorities, I have dismantled my IH Scout turbo project. I am selling the late YH Carter and an early YH (from a 64 turbo assembly) as a group. I believe the late is a 65. I have filed all surfaces flat and there are no vacuum leaks - this thing runs flawlessly. Using a wide-band 02, it held a 14.7 at idle, so the circuits are working right. I have installed a ball-bearing inlet valve, and it currently has a Blackhawk jet and +1 rod; the original jet/rod is included as is a +3 rod. The top hole in the carb body has been drilled for a bushing so that the thick body/throttle body gasket won't crunch and leak. The carb just needs cleaning and a fresh coat of black paint. The early carb is complete, other than the bakelite choke housing. $125 for all of it, plus the ride.

The air cleaner is from an early to which I grafted a thermostatically controlled snorkel from a Scout. This thing actually works, and might be quite helpful for someone who lives where the winters are harsh. Modify a spare "winter plate" to take a 2" snorkel hose and away you go. The flap opens at around 110 degrees F. Slap on a Corsa/Spyder turbo decal and it might pass for a rare option. grinning smiley Complete, with a relatively fresh element (<200 miles on it). $50 plus the ride.

An IH Scout B flow compressor housing that Mlvair "cut" to accept an E flow wheel. This housing is otherwise identical to the Corvair part but the circular inlet offers real possibilities for adapting other carbs or adapters. Plug the original holes and redrill. This housing is actually the "generic" B flow part - Chevrolet specified a triangular boss to accept the YH. $35 plus the ride.

PM me or email at: pietz@sebastiancorp.net.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2017 10:09AM by MattNall.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: YH Carbs and turbo air cleaner; E flow housing
Date: September 04, 2017 03:16PM

And a couple more since I maxed out above.

Attachments:

Re: F/S!! :YH Carbs and turbo air cleaner; E flow housing
Date: September 04, 2017 04:05PM

Edit to the above: $100 for all the carb stuff.

I also have the short pipe and flange that connects the Corvair turbo to the crossover pipe under the car. $15 + ride.

Posted by: swingboyla ()
Date: September 04, 2017 11:41PM

PM sent. LM 65 YH looks like my ticket.

Paul

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: October 27, 2017 08:20PM

If you still have the carb stuff I'll buy it and the turbo exhaust part. Thanks!
Joel

Just realized who this was. I guess the LM carb is gone, correct?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2017 08:22PM by joelsplace.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.